Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some approvals after gardening

tag
boosnark
Contributor

Some approvals after gardening

Been gardening for more than a year so I figured it was time to see what was available.

US Bank Visa Infinite

• Applied online for the card. I had a prior relationship with the bank via my REI credit card, which I use primarily for (surprise!) REI purchases.
  • Received the customary Email saying "we received your application...decision takes 7-10 business days, etc."
  • Approval was obtained the following day, and the card appeared in the US Bank app. Transunion pull (800+ score). No phone calls or contact were received prior to approval.
  • For this card I am targeting the 50K bonus points based on 4K spending in 90 days. The 3X points on mobile wallet spending is also something I was after, since I use Apple Pay more and more now. With the yearly $325 dining and travel credit this is effectively a $75/year card, which is also less than what you would pay for a yearly Priority Pass membership. So I guess it will pay for itself.
  • This card is also one of the few with primary (instead of secondary) auto rental coverage, apart from my United Airlines card, so that also helped with the decision since I do rent a lot when on vacation.

Discover Card

• Applied for the Discover IT Miles card after being denied on multiple occasions due to too many inquiries. 
  • Applied online and got an instant approval. Experian pull (800+ score).
  • It's a free card so I'll probably maintain it and use it every now and then. It wouldn't be my main rewards card. They will, however, match my miles this first year of membership.
  • On hindsight I could have applied for the Cash Back card, but I have neither the discipline nor the interest in keeping up with different cash back categories. I think they are more trouble than they're worth.

These two cards will probably be the last that I would apply for in a long time, since my 26 total cards now are a pain to manage, even in a spreadsheet. Smiley Very Happy 

Gardening until November 1, 2023
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Some approvals after gardening

Nice approvals! Congrats on bringing them home. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
Reviewers
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your US Bank Visa Infinite and Discover IT approvals @boosnark 

Message 3 of 13
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your USB and Discover Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 4 of 13
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!!

Message 5 of 13
Sub16610
Established Contributor

Congrats on all your approvals!

Message 6 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your ApprovalsSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I feel you on the managing cards part with a spreadsheet. LOL

Message 9 of 13
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals 👍🏼

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.