Re: Some good approvals and one approval remorse

Nice, congrats on the approvals. Disco can grow every 3 months Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All

Its been a while since i have been here and I am loving the house I was able to purchase with all of the advice here.  I decided that I wanted to add some easy credit with good limits to help buffer my utilization (kinda bored after the house madness)

I decided to apply for the NFCU CLOC and was instantly approved for 15000 (awesome).

Then, I went for the Lowes card since they always turned me down in the past and I know they give great CLI's. Got approved for 500 but instant chatted to 5000 (awesome, and it will get great usage and I believe it will climb nicely).

I should have stopped there with the mission accomplished, but I decided to go for one more card that I had never been able to get.  Discover. I gave it a shout and was approved for .............$800.  Ummm, not awesome.  Not completely sure about the casue of it, but there it is. 

There is definitely some remorse for trying that last one.  Is there anyone out there that can help me decide if I should really have remorse, or is there a chance it can climb. I know I should be happy, but this will be my lowest card by $4200.  Thanks

Congratulations On Your Approval....Thanks For Sharing..Smiley HappyWoman LOL

Message 12 of 17
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your success, yea the Discover will grow, no worries.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 13 of 17
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals! Like others said, this card will grow!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 14 of 17
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Stay on it and your limits will increase. I've had mine for 14 months, just picked up the It Miles card. They have great service, don't be afraid to call customer service. Enjoy!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 15 of 17
mdd0214
Contributor

Discover denied my cli because I never use it but then gave me a new miles card with higher sl so you might want to use that discover a bit in coming months. I think the reason they gave was not enough experience with current cl.

Message 16 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your approvals! Just remember even though you only got $800 sl on Discover, thats still $800 more given to those who Discover does not like, (like me Smiley Sad) but in all fairness, you are in so it should grow with time . Think of it as your little seedling that you gotta nurture so it can grow. You'll be much more proud of him/ her when you see their growth and look back at how little he/she was Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.