Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sooo... Synchrony Wal-Mart Card Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sooo... Synchrony Wal-Mart Card Approved

Applied for a Synchrony Wal-Mart credit card a couple of weeks ago. Had to send them a notarized identity verification document. Well, I called today and it’s approved... with a SL of $150. I called Credit Solutions and they flat out denied any CLI. Not sure what I’ll do, maybe charge something little on Walmart.com every few months.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sooo... Synchrony Wal-Mart Card Approved

you have pretty good scores that sl is crazy

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, maybe they don’t like my number of inquiries? Don’t remember burning Wal-Mart in the past, but maybe I did.
Message 3 of 16
My_Fako
Established Contributor

WoW... 740 Tu $150 that's nuts!

Should be 8k-12k
Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Applied for a Synchrony Wal-Mart credit card a couple of weeks ago. Had to send them a notarized identity verification document. Well, I called today and it’s approved... with a SL of $150. I called Credit Solutions and they flat out denied any CLI. Not sure what I’ll do, maybe charge something little on Walmart.com every few months.

I'm pretty sure that is a temp limit. You will get your real limit when card arrives. Happened to me also a little while back...good luck!!

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Case of beer would put you at 10%.  Just for the record, I want to tell everybody to stop applying for the WalMart card, just stop it.

If you can stomach the $45 annual fee to Sam's Club go get the Sam's Club MC.  They give much more generous limits and they don't CLD you. 

You can use it anywhere.  I got mine to $20k in two years.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Case of beer would put you at 10%.  Just for the record, I want to tell everybody to stop applying for the WalMart card, just stop it.

If you can stomach the $45 annual fee to Sam's Club go get the Sam's Club MC.  They give much more generous limits and they don't CLD you. 

You can use it anywhere.  I got mine to $20k in two years.

sound advice ive seen so many stories of them closing peoples accounts or cutting their cl i wonder why they do this

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't close it like everyone says. Just be patient. This is common for sync in case anyone around here hasnt noticed .Scores are irrelevant for their SL. They want to see some history first even if you hardly use the card its better than negative history or lates etc.  Guess what my SL was last year? $200. As well as many many others on here. And 3 months later? I bumped it up to 5k in one night doing CLI. Yesterday just for laughes I requested up to $6k. Now I have $6k. I havent even used it in months now that I have better cards but it will help with my UTI. But I may try for more later this week if I get bored idk. I know I left plenty on the table. Just be patient. And besides isn't sams CC backed by sync also?

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I’ll be patient. What’s three months? I’ll try then.
Message 9 of 16
Snipper117
Contributor

Started off with my Walmart store card $200 limit may 2017. After reading the forums and learning about requesting cli over chat about 6 months later I asked for 6k and got it(was declined for $7500 after hitting the cli button while logged in). At that point I never made a single purchase on the card.

Currently I’m up to 10k and I do use the card for a few purchases every month. I’ve also requested and been denied a cli a few times also. Pretty much almost anything I goto search for and purchase online, Walmart always seems to show up as having the product for sale somehow. Almost bought a zip line kit from them today Lol
10/07/2020 BK7 Discharged Papers Received
10/07/2020 FICO 8 SCORES EXP 586 EQU 610 TU 557
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.