cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

South West Chase approval --- glad I was sitting down.

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

South West Chase approval --- glad I was sitting down.

I will be buying 6 round trip tickets by the end of the year and figured, Lets get an airline card and get at least one the tickets for the anual fee. Found a 50,000 pts bonus offer, so figured I would go for it, was worried about having to call in and move credit limit from one of my other 4 chase accounts to make the deal happen, but nope it won't be necessary. This one totally blew me away, I was shocked when I got my CSP approval at 10k, but I couldn't believe what popped up. Approved $20,000 That is a hell of a lot of South West flights.

AAoA is 2years, last card 4 months ago Chase CSP and AmTrak,  UTL is high at 22%.  7 inq's on EQ over the last 2 years 1 or 2 in the last year I think. No baddies.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
cb_shopper
Valued Member

Re: South West Chase approval --- glad I was sitting down.

Wow! Congrats! I just applied this morning and got approved with the same 50,000 bonus miles offer. I didnt receive nearly as much as your CL but getting approved is a start for me. 

In the Garden until 4/26/2015...
Message 2 of 13
pip3man
Valued Contributor

OP congrats on your approval... $20,000 that's a lot for a starting limit...  just curious how much is your income?! We have quite similar profiles but I got fewer INQs than u and a little higher AAoA no baddies, util at 7%. I wanna apply for the Freedom card and a travel Rewards card cos I fly alot with American Airlines but not sure if Chase do offer AA revolvers.

Message 3 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@jamesdwi wrote:

I will be buying 6 round trip tickets by the end of the year and figured, Lets get an airline card and get at least one the tickets for the anual fee. Found a 50,000 pts bonus offer, so figured I would go for it, was worried about having to call in and move credit limit from one of my other 4 chase accounts to make the deal happen, but nope it won't be necessary. This one totally blew me away, I was shocked when I got my CSP approval at 10k, but I couldn't believe what popped up. Approved $20,000 That is a hell of a lot of South West flights.

AAoA is 2years, last card 4 months ago Chase CSP and AmTrak,  UTL is high at 22%.  7 inq's on EQ over the last 2 years 1 or 2 in the last year I think. No baddies.

Great start limit, grats Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 13
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 5 of 13
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

I am  a contractor where its not usual to be unemployed from time to time, so I report 80k, but its actually  higher if I don't have anytime unemployed during the year. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 6 of 13
TatorTodd
Regular Contributor

Wow! That is a great starting limit with SWA. Very cool

@jamesdwi wrote:

NCFU Flagship(80k) DC Elite (40k) Cash Sapphire Preferred(38k) DC Premier (30k) NFCU CashRewards (25k) USAA Amex (22k) USAA MasterCard (16k) Barclay Arrival+ Elite (15k) Nordstrom (15k) BofA Rewards (12.5k) 4 Amices (50k)

As of 10/13/14
Experian: 787 - EquiFax: 798 - TU: 789
Message 7 of 13
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 8 of 13
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Sweet!!

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.