Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southwest Chase approval against the odds and DP's

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Southwest Chase approval against the odds and DP's

@Peazmom wrote:

Just got off the phone with Chase Verifications, and believe it or not (despite my recent mini app spree) I've been approved for a Southwest Priority card with an SL of $4500.  I thought for sure, it was going to be a no-go, even discounting the recent card openings I was borderline with the 5/24 rule.  I submitted the app on 4/25 and was frankly surprised that it was not an instant denial...but I had applied through my SW Rapid Rewards account and didn't know if that had any sway.  Anyway, the robo lady immediately started spitting out the 30 day notification message, until last night when it changed to the 7-10 day.  At that point, I felt there was nothing to lose, so I called and spoke with a CSR rep and asked if they needed anything verified.  She confirmed the application was indeed with verifications, but they were closed.  She gave me their direct line (877-470-9042 for anyone needing it) and told me to call after 8am est.  I called in and spoke with a very nice CSR who pushed a text to my phone, verified my mailing address and asked me to wait just a moment when she reviewed my app.  She then came back on the phone to congratulate me on my new card and starting limit!  This is really huge.....I travel for work frequently and we almost ALWAYS use Southwest....so happy to be able to reap those extra points now.  Anyway..for reference, I've listed below my previous cards and dates opened.

USAA (Secured  8/2017)

Cap 1 QS1 (10/2017)

Credit 1 (4/2018 - closed 2019)

1st Premier (10/2018 - closed 2019)

Wayfair (3/2018)

Ulta (3/2018)

NFCU (4/14/2019)

Discover (4/14/2019)

AMEX (4/15/2019)

Paypal MC (4/24/2019)

Costco Citibank (4/24/2019)

I am pretty sure the Paypal MC was reporting the same day I applied for the SW card....just not sure if it reported before or after the CR was pulled.  Oh, and they double pulled me...EX and EQ.  Now, I'm running back to the garden before Uncle B locks me out.

Congrats! on the new Chase Approval.

And Chase has always double pulled on my apps with them from the CSP to the Freedom etc.

I always frowned about that but it's what they do with some of us.

Message 11 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy. I would keep an eye out on your account just to be safe over the next month or so as Chase likes to sp all new accounts. Very suprised of approval with so many recent approvals. Being over 5/24 isnt necessarily bad were the approvals spread out but so close together they might look like credit seeking to an underwriter. Enjoy, im sure there will be alot of jelly for all those over 5/24 peopleSmiley Wink
Message 12 of 16
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
CongratsSmiley Happy. I would keep an eye out on your account just to be safe over the next month or so as Chase likes to sp all new accounts. Very suprised of approval with so many recent approvals. Being over 5/24 isnt necessarily bad were the approvals spread out but so close together they might look like credit seeking to an underwriter. Enjoy, im sure there will be alot of jelly for all those over 5/24 peopleSmiley Wink

Thanks AJC...I'm treating them all with kid gloves, and am frankly holding my breath until the Chase card is in my hands.

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 13 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yes, even with in your hands, definetly no more apping for 6 months at least. You gotta let your baby find its legsSmiley Wink
Message 14 of 16
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

Yes, even with in your hands, definetly no more apping for 6 months at least. You gotta let your baby find its legsSmiley Wink

Absolutely...this girl is firmly planted in the garden for a very long time!

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 15 of 16
calyx
Super Contributor

@Peazmom wrote:

Thanks AJC...I'm treating them all with kid gloves, and am frankly holding my breath until the Chase card is in my hands.

Congrats on the approval!  I went for this card several times and never got it.

And yeah, after I got my CSP, I noticed that Chase is soft pulling reports every 2 weeks.  

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.