Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spirit World MasterCard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spirit World MasterCard

Okay I officially have a problem. I can't stop applying for cards. I applied this morning for this card because I pretty much only fly Spirit for work and with the card you get better redemption rates for miles. I know everyone is going to dump on Spirit and this card, but know that I get a lot of miles with Spirit because I buy the tickets and my company reimburses me plus I'm really good at playing the Spirit game and winning so I know how to get the best fares with them. Anyhoo, my application went to review. Has anybody else gone through the application process with this card? It's through BofA. I'm convinced the only way I'll stop is if I get declined and get an inquiry that results in nothing. My score has really dropped and I know I need to stop but it's a drug for me. I feel like just when I've had enough I justify/find? A new card that fits my life.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Spirit World MasterCard

I'm not going to dump on Spirit or The Spirit Credit Card because to each their own, if it works for you then that's all that matters. It's always a good thing to apply for a card that actually suits your needs and benefits you. I would however caution against the practice of applying for cards because it's like a drug. Eventually that high wears off and the denial letters will outnumber the approvals. This will only serve to rob you of an approval for a card you can actually use. Freeze your credit reports and find a hobby, applying for credit is a necessity and a financial tool, not a game, unlike games there are real life consequences. Good Luck on your app, I hope it's your last for a while. 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call B of A's backdoor number. They will connect you with someone who will instant decision. Bank of America is still on a judgemental decision system and so if you can emphasis why you want this card and how you will use it, they will likely approve (as long as you have the score). 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called. Transferred to fraud dept. and 2 minutes later approved.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Called. Transferred to fraud dept. and 2 minutes later approved.

Starting line?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure. I wasn't told and I forgot to ask. I'll update that bit of info when I get it.
Message 6 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your approval!

Now with that said, get over into the garden... you'll be in good company there, and when another card comes around that you're a good fit for you'll be in the best position to apply for it.

I also am a fan of freezing your reports if self-control is an issue... depending on your state there might be a small fee, but it will be money well-spent.  Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! I don't think I'm quite at the freezing my reports stage, but I do admit I get a bit of a high from the process. I was perfectly content in the garden and wasn't looking for trouble but it found me while looking at my Spirit miles account. It turns out you only get half the miles traveled with just a regular FF account and the amount of miles to redeem it is through the roof BUT with a Spirit card you get your actual miles flown plus the amount needed for a round trip is as low as 5000 with some strings attached of course. After looking at those strings and with the amount of miles I earn monthly I could fly for free a lot. Plus you only need to use your Spirit card to book award flights which means I can still get 5X miles on my Amex Platinum while earning the miles. 

Message 8 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Moving to approvals. Congrats and well done!
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

SL: $17K

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.