Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sportsman Visa Approval SCT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sportsman Visa Approval SCT

Is it possible to find out the credit limit before getting the card? One would assume you could call in but that didn't work. Thank you!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sportsman Visa Approval SCT

I called in the day after accepting the prequal via SCT, the CSR was able to tell me my SL
Message 2 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your new VisaSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I just realized it said "no further charges can be made".. that leads me to believe they closed it immediately after opening it. This was the only SCT that I accepted. Hmmmm.
Message 4 of 11
peghede
Valued Contributor

Wutt? u just got the card  and it's already closed?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peghede wrote:

Wutt? u just got the card  and it's already closed?

I haven't even received the card yet. I checked my other Comenity accounts (I have 2 from 2 years ago) and they will both tell me my credit limit on the automated line.

Message 6 of 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
So I just realized it said "no further charges can be made".. that leads me to believe they closed it immediately after opening it. This was the only SCT that I accepted. Hmmmm.

I could be wrong but I believe that this is because you're only granted a one time use card number when you apply.  That can be used for whatever you had in the cart when you got the pop up.  Once you receive and activate the card you should no longer here that message when dialing in.  Unless something has changed (and keep in mind we're talking about Comenity) this should be the only reason for hearing that message.  Good luck!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I could be wrong but I believe that this is because you're only granted a one time use card number when you apply.  That can be used for whatever you had in the cart when you got the pop up.  Once you receive and activate the card you should no longer here that message when dialing in.  Unless something has changed (and keep in mind we're talking about Comenity) this should be the only reason for hearing that message.  Good luck!

Oh wow, thank you so much! That makes me feel a heck of a lot better. I was nervous!! Appreciate the feedback. 

Message 8 of 11
peghede
Valued Contributor

Yeah relax,now go get 5 more sct.lol at least you'll have a chance 1 outta 5 to work.lol

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peghede wrote:

Yeah relax,now go get 5 more sct.lol at least you'll have a chance 1 outta 5 to work.lol

Haha. Well technically this is my husband's. I have been working on getting both of our scores up. We have no use for most of the store cards which is why I took the leap on the Visa. I may try again in a month or so. Comenity likes me, I applied in store for VS and GameStop 2 years ago (long before I found out about SCT) and have had a perfect record with them and usually have $0 balance with decent usage.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.