Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sportsman Visa Shopping Cart Trick

tag
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Sportsman Visa Shopping Cart Trick

So I tried the Sportsman Visa shopping cart trick. I was not getting any pop ups. So I triedthis link www.sportsmansguide.com/net/checkout/AdsPrescreenAcceptance.aspx another member posted in another thread. Once I clicked it my pre-approval popped up! It only asked me for income range and last 4 of SSI. Don't know what I was thinking?? I thought once you put in your last 4 it would just tell you what you were approved for and if you wanted it bla bla bla. So anyways it came back saying I was approved and I could use it now to pay or something like that. I really didn't want it since I just got, freedom 6k,Cit  Simplicity 2K & Barclays Master 4k(already have the visa) in the last month. Ive got way to many cards now! Time to get rid of my 2 cap ones & credit one. So anyone know who they pull, & if this would of been a soft? I checked my Ex CR here just now and no new HP & nothing with Trans either. Have not checked EQ.

Message 1 of 65
64 REPLIES 64
shane82388
Established Contributor

Re: Sportsman Visa Shopping Cart Trick

@Juss11 wrote:

So I tried the Sportsman Visa shopping cart trick. I was not getting any pop ups. So I triedthis link www.sportsmansguide.com/net/checkout/AdsPrescreenAcceptance.aspx another member posted in another thread. Once I clicked it my pre-approval popped up! It only asked me for income range and last 4 of SSI. Don't know what I was thinking?? I thought once you put in your last 4 it would just tell you what you were approved for and if you wanted it bla bla bla. So anyways it came back saying I was approved and I could use it now to pay or something like that. I really didn't want it since I just got, freedom 6k,Cit  Simplicity 2K & Barclays Master 4k(already have the visa) in the last month. Ive got way to many cards now! Time to get rid of my 2 cap ones & credit one. So anyone know who they pull, & if this would of been a soft? I checked my Ex CR here just now and no new HP & nothing with Trans either. Have not checked EQ.

You typed your income and SSN in and didnt mean to? lol

I dont think its a hard pull. What was the limit? They are generally pretty good....

Message 2 of 65
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Thanks for sharing!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 65
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Ya I was not thinking! lol, It didn't give me a CL so I will have to wait till I get it. My fico score from here when I pulled EX is a 715 so I hope they pulled them cause im a 680/675 with the other two. Any one know who they soft pull?

Message 4 of 65
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Juss11 wrote:

Ya I was not thinking! lol, It didn't give me a CL so I will have to wait till I get it. My fico score from here when I pulled EX is a 715 so I hope they pulled them cause im a 680/675 with the other two. Any one know who they soft pull?

They usually soft EQ. You should call and ask.

1-888-252-5557

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 5 of 65
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@injustifiiable wrote:

@Juss11 wrote:

They usually soft EQ. You should call and ask.

1-888-252-5557

+1

You can contact them to ask about your CL.

Message 6 of 65
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I like your style, congrats on all the new cards Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 65
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Ok so I called the number above & I was told I had a 2k limit. So im guessing they pulled  EQ. I went to equifax [mod cut], to see my credit file & no HP there. I wish it had been a bit higher, but im going to close out my two $500 Cap One cards & my lil $300 credit one.

Mod cut-remove reference which violates TOS

~Lexie

Message 8 of 65
brikays
Regular Contributor

Congrats Juss11....
~ Hover over cards to view limits ~

Message 9 of 65
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Smiley HappyThanks

Message 10 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.