Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sportsman's Guide SCT Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sportsman's Guide SCT Approval

I currently have 2 cards with Comenity Bank. A $1700 Academy Store Card and a $4500 Good Sam Visa. When I got the Academy card I never even heard of the SCT. For the Good Sam I had been reading up on the SCT and went in and locked my EX and they dinged my EQ. Was trying to get the pop-up for Sportsman's Guide but could never get the pop-up to happen. Both of them only asked me the general stuff and for the last 4 of my SS#. After that I was like I'm never trying that again, but of course I would try from time to time just see if I could get the Sportsman's Guide to pop-up. So on July 20th I tried again. Opened up Google Chrome and an Incognito Window. Went to Sportsman's Guide and quickly added a scope worth about $300 to the cart. Wasn't really taking my time because I was thinking it wasn't gonna happen. Went through all of the address stuff. Added their Membership Program. Went to the payment page and sure enough I got the pop-up that I was prequalified for the Sportsman's Guide Visa. So I went and locked all 3 bureaus and went through the same process as the other 2 and sure enough it said I was approved. Said that I would receive my card in 7-10 business days. I went back to the payment screen and gave me the option to use another card if I wanted and I just closed the window. After reading a few threads on here I was thinking that maybe Comenity will close the account because of the way I just exited the screen. But, my card was in the mail today. Gave me $3500. EQ was 736 at the time and still haven't gotten a notification about an Inquiry. Don't need the card by no means but I will use it enough to get the $40 voucher to Sportsman's Guide and to think the SCT finally worked. Who knew??

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Sportsman's Guide SCT Approval

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

SGV is a SP approval to begin with

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 12
kflo01
Contributor

It is? Not to my experience. Id love to get this card because I shop there often. Never could get the SCT to pop. Maybe Ill try again following these steps tonight.

The one time I applied it was a hard pull.

Message 4 of 12
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Sportsman's Guide approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats! ..

Message 6 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

SGV is a SP approval to begin with

YMMV I received a hp upon application. They like to pull one bureau like Eq while sping Ex which i didnt know and because i had Ex locked, was denied. 

Message 7 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Enjoy the SG visa, grats on it Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

The store only card should be a soft pull . The Visa card is usually a hard pull.

Message 9 of 12
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.