Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sportsman's Guide VISA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sportsman's Guide VISA

Got the pop up twice yesterday so decided why not.  I was approved.  Not sure what the SL is.  I'm going to say maybe $2k based on my profile.

This would be my only Comenity card open.  Had 3 between 2016 and 2017 but closed them all last year.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
RadioRob
Established Contributor

Re: Sportsman's Guide VISA

Congrats!

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Approval

Message 3 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

C-ratsSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 23
Jimp2323
Regular Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
C-ratsSmiley Happy

You're too young to remember them, but don't even bring up C-rats.Smiley LOL

Congratulations to OP.  The SG  pop-up is one I've wanted to appear for over a year since I shop there quite a bit.

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jimp2323 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
C-ratsSmiley Happy

You're too young to remember them, but don't even bring up C-rats.Smiley LOL

Congratulations to OP.  The SG  pop-up is one I've wanted to appear for over a year since I shop there quite a bit.

lol, that vietnam era stuff...i do remember the MREs.  I would get the cocoa power, pour water in it then mix it with peanut butter and crackers while on the go on convoys in Iraq! The best!!

Message 6 of 23
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Congrats. I use it for ammo and camping stuff. Mine was 2000 in 2016. But got increases in 6 months. Some folks get them as early as 4.

Message 7 of 23
Jimp2323
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

lol, that vietnam era stuff...i do remember the MREs.  I would get the cocoa power, pour water in it then mix it with peanut butter and crackers while on the go on convoys in Iraq! The best!!

The MREs ranged from ok to pretty good to great. I especially liked the spaghetti and the BBQ beef. The best thing about them, though, was their weight. Those C-rats weighed a TON.
Message 8 of 23
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@Blackswizz750 wrote:

Congrats. I use it for ammo and camping stuff. Mine was 2000 in 2016. But got increases in 6 months. Some folks get them as early as 4.

Congrats, OP.

I was approved for 2000 as well in 2016, but its grown nicely since then.  If they are your only Comenity card, you should be okay.  It *seems* like they get weird when you open store cards AND majors at the same time.  Either Comenity or Comenity Capital don't like that, sometimes.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 9 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the SG approval OP.

My current CL is $20K and grew within a couple years. I left it pretty much there so that future Comenity approvals or CLIs wouldn't be hindered by the already existing larger lines or place me under their microscope 😁
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.