Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sportsman's Guide Visa CLI

tag
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

Sportsman's Guide Visa CLI

Hit 6 months and a day, today.  SL was $4500, went to 5300.   Not a huge bump, but better than nothing.  I tried signing out and trying again, got the 7-10 day message.  Does this work on the Visa cards, or is does that 'trick' only work on the store cards?   Also, whats the scedule for CLI's now?  60 days, 90 days?  Thanks, all. 

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sportsman's Guide Visa CLI

Congratulations on your CLI for Sportsman's Guide. I have been consistently getting CLI on my few store cards every 60 days. I'm not sure if this is the same for all of that bank's cards, or not. I'm sure someone who has a Visa will be able to shine some more light on whether it's the same as the store cards.

Message 2 of 13
gurusexy
Regular Contributor

They closed my card down suddenly with no explanation

400K+ in open revolvers. 8% UTIL,
Inquiries- TU:2, EQ:2, EX: 3
Starting Scores: 6/12 EX: 613 11/13 TU:614
06/18: F08EX: 781; F08EQ: 787; F08TU:769 Short term goal: 800+ across all 3 Bureaus. Last app 07/19 (BBVA Personal Loan - Approved with Hard pull).
Message 3 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, the multiple CLI 'dip' method primarily works on the retail (non-bankcard) CCs.

If you try it 2x and you get a decline on the second attempt, leave it be and try again in 4 months.

Mine currently sits at $20K, but I believe it won't go up much further like the others.
Message 4 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@gurusexy, there had to be a reason.
Some possible ones that come to mind: long periods of inactivity, NSF instances, making minimum payments on a large balance for a prolonged period, credit/profile deterioration, late payments, other Comenity accounts closed, escalating debt, several new accounts/inquiries.

Have you received a letter with the reasons or have you contacted them?
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too started with a $4500 limit on the SGV. After six months I received a princely $250 increase but since then I’ve received $800 bumps every four months like clockwork using the luv button.

Both the sign in/sign out trick and the instant double dip every 60 days method has only ever worked on my Comenity store cards, specifically J. Crew and GameStop. 

Message 6 of 13
gurusexy
Regular Contributor

probably from inactivity...I had hit the cli button like clockwork.. In 2yrs, went from 5K to 15K(ish)

@FinStar wrote:
@gurusexy, there had to be a reason.
Some possible ones that come to mind: long periods of inactivity, NSF instances, making minimum payments on a large balance for a prolonged period, credit/profile deterioration, late payments, other Comenity accounts closed, escalating debt, several new accounts/inquiries.

Have you received a letter with the reasons or have you contacted them?

400K+ in open revolvers. 8% UTIL,
Inquiries- TU:2, EQ:2, EX: 3
Starting Scores: 6/12 EX: 613 11/13 TU:614
06/18: F08EX: 781; F08EQ: 787; F08TU:769 Short term goal: 800+ across all 3 Bureaus. Last app 07/19 (BBVA Personal Loan - Approved with Hard pull).
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the increase.  Just apped and got approved a few weeks ago.  My second Visa through them and they are good so far.  Got a couple bumps on my WS Visa already and I've only had it for about 8 months.  I hope it's the same with this one

Message 9 of 13
pvela

ok somone please help me...

I've been searching the threads for an answer but Im so far not seeing it

I got approved w/Sportman's Guide Visa with an initial SL of $3500

My question is when am I eligible for a CLI or hitting the love button

so far I have had the card for 4months  & a day

Ive seen people claim they are getting CLIs after 4 months & a day & 6months & a day

so is the initial CLI 4 months or 6 months?

I dont want to hit the button too early & hurt myself

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.