cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sportsmans Guide Visa - arrived with suprise!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sportsmans Guide Visa - arrived with suprise!

I got a Sportsmans Guide visa with $3.5K SL thru SCT recently and it finally arrived today.  To my surprise, inside the envelope was an insert about a balance transfer offer.  The offer is 0% thru July 2018 if transfered by July 1, 2017 with a 0% Transfer fee.  You can't transfer any balances from other Comenity cards though. 

I'm not carrying any balances on my cards at this point, so I can't use the offer....but thought it was a nice surprise/added bonus.  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Sportsmans Guide Visa - arrived with suprise!

Nice little surprise there congrats
Message 2 of 10
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

whew! I thought it would be a Lexis-Nexus form. Congrats and have fun.

Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice OpSmiley Happy Lots of people would love thst offerSmiley Wink

Lol, blackswizz, i thought it might have been an auto cancel in same envelope. Ah the tricks,Sync and Comenity have bestowed upon usSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That's a good offer if you did have any balances to bring over.
Message 5 of 10
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Nice OpSmiley Happy Lots of people would love thst offerSmiley Wink

Lol, blackswizz, i thought it might have been an auto cancel in same envelope. Ah the tricks,Sync and Comenity have bestowed upon usSmiley Wink

Hey, they got me to stop asking for CLI's. I want to app for the Marvel and the Sportsman card but these two just make it a roulette wheel of fun: approved, denied, wait, approved with a blue envelope. CLI with a shutdown in the same day. I'll pass for now.

Message 6 of 10
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a Sportsmans Guide visa with $3.5K SL thru SCT recently and it finally arrived today.  To my surprise, inside the envelope was an insert about a balance transfer offer.  The offer is 0% thru July 2018 if transfered by July 1, 2017 with a 0% Transfer fee.  You can't transfer any balances from other Comenity cards though. 

I'm not carrying any balances on my cards at this point, so I can't use the offer....but thought it was a nice surprise/added bonus.  

Congrats!  Nice, and surprising offer by SGV

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it actually did come with a hidden bonus surprise.  My Total Rewards card was declined a couple hours after I activated my SGV.  When I called the CSR told me they put a hold on purchases over $200 until my next pending payment cleared.  Payment was for $169, yet I should have had $850 in avail credit.  I used the card today for two small purchases and they went thru.  Totally crazy!  Thankfully got my PenFed card today so I have no immediate use for either of these Sketch cards.  

Message 8 of 10
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

Those are the good surprises!  Congrats!

Message 9 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah, Penfed and Disco are reliable. I would put my spend on them and maybe let you Comenity cards pad your utilization Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.