cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spree Completed - Approvals

UghUghUgh
Established Member

Spree Completed - Approvals

After a BK 7 years ago and a lot of rebuilding, I felt like I was finally at a point to app for some cards that fit my needs and habits and close out my sub prime.  So here are the results of the pass couple of days.

 

Closed Credit One, First Premier, and Merrick.

 

PCd Cap1 Plat to Cap1 QS

SP CLI of Amazon Prime Store Card from $350 to $4k

Approved Barclay AAdvantage Aviator Red @ $4k

Approved Bisplay @ $2.7k

Approved Discover It @ $5.5k

 

On a side note, I had only 4 inq on my TU and EX in the past 24 mos of which 1 was auto, 2 were mortgage, and 1 was a personal loan.  My total util was @ 3% and my scores were 719 and 706 respectively.  Now as far as EQ, I have a number of disputes still pending with them because they're a POS, but my score is around 670 there.  I didn't want to take a chance on getting declined with Discover as they primarily use EQ, so I simply called them up and explained that there were a number of disputes ongoing with Equifax, but that I still wanted to apply.  I asked that they pull either TU or EX and they happily agreed.  About a minute later, boom!  Couldn't have been a more pleasing experience.

 

Oh, I forgot, I did actually apply for the USAA Limitless.  They pulled EX and denied me based on my 7 year old BK and length of time credit established (4.5 yrs on EX).  I've been banking with them for nearly 5 years and, outside of the BK, I have no other baddies.  I was a little annoyed but, oh well, their loss.

 

So I'm done for a while.  Gonna let these accounts age, hit up each for CLIs when the time is right and enjoy my cash back and miles.  

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CO_NATIVE
Valued Contributor

Re: Spree Completed - Approvals

Congrats on your triple new account approvals, Triple Ugh! 

 

Treat that Discover right and it will grow! 


Message 2 of 14
Sugarpixie
Regular Contributor

Re: Spree Completed - Approvals

AWESOME spree! It's even better that you were able to replace the subprime with prime. It's really cool with Discover!! I would never even think to do something like that.

Congrats on your new cards!!!
Message 3 of 14
UghUghUgh
Established Member

Re: Spree Completed - Approvals


@CO_NATIVE wrote:

Congrats on your triple new account approvals, Triple Ugh! 

 

Treat that Discover right and it will grow! 


Thanks.  I think I'm most excited about the Discover.  As soon as it arrives, it shall become my daily driver.  Based on what I've seen, I should be able to triple that CL over the next 24 mos, if not more.

Message 4 of 14
UghUghUgh
Established Member

Re: Spree Completed - Approvals


@Sugarpixie wrote:
AWESOME spree! It's even better that you were able to replace the subprime with prime. It's really cool with Discover!! I would never even think to do something like that.

Congrats on your new cards!!!

Thanks, sweet fairy!  I'm stoked.

Message 5 of 14
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Spree Completed - Approvals


@UghUghUgh wrote:


Thanks.  I think I'm most excited about the Discover.  As soon as it arrives, it shall become my daily driver.  Based on what I've seen, I should be able to triple that CL over the next 24 mos, if not more.


I would say more than tiple but, right now they're circling the airport in a holding pattern.  Things should clear them for landing again soon though.  Give them 90 days to see if you get an auto CLI and if you don't by then go ahead and hit the button.  Also, if you haven't you should check out my thread(s) on them.

 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-unOfficial-Data-Points/m-p/4802538

Message 6 of 14
Total80sKid
Established Contributor

Re: Spree Completed - Approvals

Congrats!

Can't wait til I can kick my CreditOne and Merrick to the curb and welcome in Discover and AMEX Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 14
nyhome
Regular Contributor

Re: Spree Completed - Approvals

Congrats! Smiley Happy

 

I had a spree week too! haha. 3 out of 5 and waiting to see on a 4th,(had to confirm my identity and now I wait) 5th was denied.

 

I'll take the three gladly,(Disco, Chase, BoA) Ive come back from a rebuild.

 

Isnt it great to comeback?! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 14
UghUghUgh
Established Member

Re: Spree Completed - Approvals


@austinguy907 wrote:

@UghUghUgh wrote:


Thanks.  I think I'm most excited about the Discover.  As soon as it arrives, it shall become my daily driver.  Based on what I've seen, I should be able to triple that CL over the next 24 mos, if not more.


I would say more than tiple but, right now they're circling the airport in a holding pattern.  Things should clear them for landing again soon though.  Give them 90 days to see if you get an auto CLI and if you don't by then go ahead and hit the button.  Also, if you haven't you should check out my thread(s) on them.

 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-unOfficial-Data-Points/m-p/4802538


I'll check it out, thanks for the info.

Message 9 of 14
UghUghUgh
Established Member

Re: Spree Completed - Approvals


@nyhome wrote:

Congrats! Smiley Happy

 

I had a spree week too! haha. 3 out of 5 and waiting to see on a 4th,(had to confirm my identity and now I wait) 5th was denied.

 

I'll take the three gladly,(Disco, Chase, BoA) Ive come back from a rebuild.

 

Isnt it great to comeback?! Smiley Very Happy


Congrats and good luck with the fourth!  It is quite pleasing, I must admit.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.