Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spree over after Penfed approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spree over after Penfed approval

Thanks again my FICO family. I was on my way back to the garden after getting the following in the last month
US bank platinum 9000 sl
Navy go rewards world mc. 5000 sl
Amex cash magnet 1000 sl

And was thinking I dont have a single EQ pull this year. So I joined penfed late Friday afternoon. Figured since they pulled my EQ and it's my best score might as well take a stab at a card. Power cash rewards came back as tentatively approved with 16.74 apr. So I called in and they asked me to send in my past 2 years income tax returns. Sent in right away. Today I get an email stating they need my returns so I logged in to look at application status and it says complete and approved 10,000 sl 16.74 apr.....completely blown away..my new biggest sl. 1.5% but if I open a checking acct 2%. I opened a savings account and put $5.00 in it.
So they pulled my EQ which is 674 FICO 9 and 676 FICO 5. Not sure of 8..last I seen was 655 about a month ago.

AAOA was 2.6 years
Oldest account 12.5 years
31 % Uti
12 inquiries..13 after this...0 this year
Several lates on 1 closed auto loan...60 days and a couple 30s most recent one is 2 years 9 months old.
Reported income as 50k.

Hope this helps....to the garden I go....no stopping....Thanks again!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AlmostNJ
Regular Contributor

Re: Spree over after Penfed approval

Wow. Impressed. I have s 722 FICO and 18% utilization and i csnt get squate from penfed. I did get 10k NFCU GoRewards CC though
Message 2 of 14
tussking
Established Contributor

Congrats! FYI - You must maintain $500 balance in the checking account or you will be charged a $10 monthly fee.

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Penfed approval! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your wonderful Penfed approval! Max limit for new members so very nice on ya!

tenor.gif

Message 5 of 14
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

Congrats. I'm looking to get in with Penfed as well. Checking and Power Cash Rewards card, but I'm trying to hold off since my most recent credit card account was opened at the end of July. 2 inquiries on EQ in the past year and 1 more about a year and a half old. 

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Words cannot express my gratitude for every single person and their stories, good and bad and all the insight on this forum. I am so glad and feel fortunate I stumbled across it when I did. I came here in Jan 2017 with like a 514 score , 2 $300 crap one cards, and a bunch of collections. I still have a long way to go but from all the reading, the collections are gone. Only the couple lates from almost 3 years ago still exist( have been trying for removal but no success yet). I went from $600 in credit to over $45k in approx 1.5 years ( probably could be further ahead in scores and credit obtained but it's a learning process). I have joined and rec'd cc's from navy, dcu and penfed and refinance a 14 percent car loan to 3.9%. None of this would have ever happened without all of you. I was very clueless. I feel very informed now but feel I still have so much more to absorb and learn. Thanks again!
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Real nice work on your part, KS. Congrats! to you on your success, most recently & ongoing. 

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, well done - hard work has paid off!

Message 9 of 14
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

CONGRATUTIONS.gif

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.