cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Star card approval!

tag
Sky89

Star card approval!

So a little over a week ago I append for the chase star card you can use anywhere and a couple days ago I got a denial letter which I was expecting cuz my scores are super low and I have 3 charge offs from 2008. I was young (19) and stupid and didn't realize how important credit was at the time... So anyways today I checked my mail and there was an envelope with 2 star cards (for the store not ones u can use anywhere) one for hubby and one for me... At first I thought they were replacement chubby's once hubby has a star card already and I'm an authorized user on it... Then I realized that my name was on the envelope and the account number was different than my old card so I call the number to get info and I was approved for $4,200!!! Apparentlyy if ur denied for the chase visa u geI considered for the store card!! I am soooooo excited! The highest limit I have ever had was $1,000 ! I can't believe I was approved according to myfico my TU is 542 and EQ is 483.... Should I expect a good score jump when this card reports? Also will it report on hubby's since he is an AU? Sorry for the long story but I'm so excited cuz I had thought I was just denied all together!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Re: Star card approval!

what card is this? by Chase?

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 2 of 8
Sky89

Its a military credit card you can use at the stores on base but its backed by chase. You have to be military or a military family member to apply.

Message 3 of 8
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

what card is this? by Chase?

Hmmm...had to check it out too!  Didn't know about it.  Presuming this is the card that the OP was referring?
https://www.chase.com/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/card_servicing/partner/page/home_AAFES_Military_Star

Message 4 of 8
Sky89

Yes it is

Message 5 of 8
eviLution
Established Contributor

Thom - by any chance do you live in FL?

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 6 of 8
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 7 of 8
Sky89

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.