Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting slow but AmEx is warming up to me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting slow but AmEx is warming up to me

Decided to pull the trigger on the HH Ascend card that was among my preapprovals in my account, since we do quite a bit of road traveling with my wife’s treatments at the Cleveland Clinic (we live in NY).

I started out with the no-AF HH card and the Delta Gold in November, both on $1k starter limits and approved at a 627 EX pull. This morning was an EX SP at 642, nothing stellar but better. My usage has been heavy, as have my payments. Current Amex UTI is 26%. Ascend approval was for $2k, still not huge but in range of what I realistically hoped for. The higher earning will help a lot on points, and maybe the bigger approval will lead to the CLIs we all want.

Done with apping now until I qualify for a BCE but I’ll happily take the $2k on a card I will use and take advantage of the benefits on, and hope to grow it in time until it’s time for a core revolver.
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Starting slow but AmEx is warming up to me

Congrats, but most importantly all the best to your wife.
Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you - we are still in the diagnostics stage. Almost 9 years and over a million dollars in billable expenses and the locals have figured out nothing. We were able to get in with Cleveland in October and are now getting somewhere. Hoping that this past weekend’s tests will finally unveil what’s going on and the healing can begin.
Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish you and the wife all the best!

Message 4 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous  Congrats 

Now it's time we have Indigo talk. Again. Again again. 

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lmao Remedios, once it’s gone I promise you’ll be the first to know Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, my friend! 

Hopefully this doesn’t cross any lines. If it does, I apologize. You, your wife and family are in my prayers.

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks my friend, we are hopefully closing in on what the issue is and can soon start making her better again.
Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations @ImTheDevil.

Best wishes in every sense of the words.
Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Congrats on your Hilton Honors Ascend approval! Amex gave me the Gold card last June and won't approve me for anything else. 

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.