cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting to really hate BofA - Update: Approved

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Starting to really hate BofA - Update: Approved

In a post on another thread I mentioned that BofA has never given me an auto cli. I was reluctant to take a HP for a cli considering the unknown. So, I figured I might as well just app for a new card because the SL would probably be higher than a CLI. Well, I did, and got a "Under review, we need to check a few things" notice. Are you kidding me? Scores in my sig are current, UTI is about 12%. I only had two inq's on EX, and EQ and 4 on TU. Why does BofA not like me?

 

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to edit/change if you would like.  --UB

USAA WMC $12,500, PenFed Promise $12000, Capital One Venture $5000, Capital One QS $6300, Cabelas Visa $5000, NuVision FCU $1000, Discover it $20500, Amex BCE $3300, Chase Freedom $2200, Lowes $12,000, WalMart MC $6000, Kays $2700, Macy's $1000, Care Credit $9000, Amazon Store $2000
Beginning score 590 (6/2014) Current: EQ 770 TA 767 EX 776
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Starting to really hate BofA

Why don’t you hit that CLI button as well since you’ve already app’d for a new card with them and taken a hit. They’re gonna use the same hp anyways so might as well and see what happens. As far as your new app, a lot of times approvals aren’t instant and might take a few minutes to hours or days. Good luck and keep us posted.
BK7 dc in 01/2011 with FICO8 in the 500s

HPs EX 5 EQ 3 TU 1
AAoA 5y4m
UTIL 1% - 3%

$200K+ Total Limits







New cc TLs 0/6 ; 1/12 & 3/24
Message 2 of 18
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Starting to really hate BofA


@JR_TX wrote:
Why don’t you hit that CLI button as well since you’ve already app’d for a new card with them and taken a hit. They’re gonna use the same hp anyways so might as well and see what happens. As far as your new app, a lot of times approvals aren’t instant and might take a few minutes to hours or days. Good luck and keep us posted.

This! Good luck OP! 

Got some pruning to do... No more new cards!
Message 3 of 18
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Starting to really hate BofA

Please let us know the outcome. Thanks
Message 4 of 18
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Starting to really hate BofA

Thats what I did. Got a decline bc I just got a travel rewards card. So i did a CLI and BAM it approved. 

Message 5 of 18
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Starting to really hate BofA


@JR_TX wrote:
Why don’t you hit that CLI button as well since you’ve already app’d for a new card with them and taken a hit. They’re gonna use the same hp anyways so might as well and see what happens. As far as your new app, a lot of times approvals aren’t instant and might take a few minutes to hours or days. Good luck and keep us posted.

+1000

Message 6 of 18
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Starting to really hate BofA

BAC is a fickle lender, I have no idea what makes them tick. About 5 years ago I opened a Visa with BAC with a starting limit of $2000, over the next 3 years I wasted 5 HP's on CLI requests all denied - I even used as an account nickname for that card of "Totally Worthless Visa" - ended up closing the card.

 

A little over a year ago there were several posts on here for BAC cards with good starting limits and a "spend cash bonus" plus 0% for 12 months,  so I tried again for the RED Cash Rewards card, instant approval for $5000 which is now $15k. About 8 months ago I tried again this time for the Blue "Travel" card, instant approval for $15k which is now $25k. 

 

What is the difference in income/scores/CRA report ... basically nothing, but with BAC I went from worthless to trusted, I have no answer for why. 

Message 7 of 18
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Starting to really hate BofA


@pipeguy wrote:

BAC is a fickle lender, I have no idea what makes them tick. About 5 years ago I opened a Visa with BAC with a starting limit of $2000, over the next 3 years I wasted 5 HP's on CLI requests all denied - I even used as an account nickname for that card of "Totally Worthless Visa" - ended up closing the card.

 

A little over a year ago there were several posts on here for BAC cards with good starting limits and a "spend cash bonus" plus 0% for 12 months,  so I tried again for the RED Cash Rewards card, instant approval for $5000 which is now $15k. About 8 months ago I tried again this time for the Blue "Travel" card, instant approval for $15k which is now $25k. 

 

What is the difference in income/scores/CRA report ... basically nothing, but with BAC I went from worthless to trusted, I have no answer for why. 


So, as a result of these successes, did you change the nickname on any of those cards to "Totally Trusted Visa"?  :-D

Message 8 of 18
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Starting to really hate BofA


@Smokeyhill wrote:

In a post on another thread I mentioned that BofA has never given me an auto cli. I was reluctant to take a HP for a cli considering the unknown. So, I figured I might as well just app for a new card because the SL would probably be higher than a CLI. Well, I did, and got a "Under review, we need to check a few things" notice. Are you kidding me? Scores in my sig are current, UTI is about 12%. I only had two inq's on EX, and EQ and 4 on TU. Why does BofA not like me?


They've done this to me in the past. I've simply gone into my accounts after being denied, and requested a CLI instead. They have always approved those, so in the end my HP isn't totally wasted.

 

When I got my Cash Rewards card back in September, it was the total opposite. I was denied a CLI on my $12,300 BBR, because I only use it for my $11 a month Netflix subscription. I then decided to app the Cash Rewards instead, and got an instant $9,000 approval. Moved $11K over from my BBR card and gave myself a nice $20K (now $30K) limit. 

 

FYI, by asking for a CLI instead of a new account, you can get BoA to look at your TU report instead of EX (at least where I'm located). This has helped clean up my EX inquiries and even them out a bit.  


Message 9 of 18
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Starting to really hate BofA

Here's the update.

 

Got an email yesterday stating I was approved. No CL, no APR. Logged onto BofA today and found the new account. CL $7000 APR 18.24%

Not exactly what I was expecting. Nor was I expecting to take two HP's for it! Yep. They pulled TU and EX. I didn't even hit the luv button on my current card. Kind of glad I didn't, probably would have taken two more hits. I guess this can now be moved to the approvals area. I'm not very happy about it though. Seems BofA really doesn't like me too much. Wish I knew why. 

USAA WMC $12,500, PenFed Promise $12000, Capital One Venture $5000, Capital One QS $6300, Cabelas Visa $5000, NuVision FCU $1000, Discover it $20500, Amex BCE $3300, Chase Freedom $2200, Lowes $12,000, WalMart MC $6000, Kays $2700, Macy's $1000, Care Credit $9000, Amazon Store $2000
Beginning score 590 (6/2014) Current: EQ 770 TA 767 EX 776
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.