Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Farm Rewards - $3000 credit limit

tag
frugal47374
Regular Contributor

State Farm Rewards - $3000 credit limit

Offered mostly as a data point since there is not much information about State Farm here:

I responded to an offer of 0% for 15 billing cycles, $150 credit if I spend $1500 in 90 days after account opening.  (I am a current insurance customer.)  Was approved online with no notification of credit limit.  Card promised in 7-10 business days (and it did seem it took about that long.)

Pulled Transunion, FICO 744.  Utilization 9% (with 2 cards nearly maxed out because I have 0% interest deals currently).  I obviously would have prefered a limit larger than $3000 (and I don't know what is "normal") but this may have affected what they would give me.

After the 0% period I only plan to use this to pay my insurance bills to get a 3% rebate.

No online ability to change due date; you need to contact them.  I wanted to change my due date to the 28th to line up with most of my other cards, but that was not available.  There are 5 or 6 days of the month you can choose.

Their "secure messaging" system seems a bit clunky.  After I sent my first message I was told I needed to establish a password to access the response, even though I already (apparently) have the message system set up because I have their insurance...and because I was unable to enter a new password, their reply has been lost in the ether.  Attempts to reply to messages sometimes don't work.  Obviously this isn't the most important thing about the credit card, but I wanted to let you know of my whole experience.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: State Farms Rewards - $3000 credit limit

Grats on the new SF card and yes I have heard negative things about their website before.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: State Farms Rewards - $3000 credit limit

Congratulations!
Message 3 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: State Farm Rewards - $3000 credit limit

Congrats on yer approvalSmiley Happy  ..you may need to talk with "Jake" about the "secure messaging"Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good reporting, frugal, on a card with not a whole lot of data points or info -- thank you.

And Congrats! on your approval.  

Message 5 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your State Farm card approval!

Message 7 of 9
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval @frugal47374

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 8 of 9
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.