Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statefarm Student Card and Paypal Cashback massive CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Statefarm Student Card and Paypal Cashback massive CLI

So, I was paying my insurance with Statefarm as I always do each semester and I check the App and see my credit limit jump from 500 to 2,500. For a second I thought it was a mistake as Statefarm literally rejected me a CLI just a month ago, but now I just received a letter on the mail that ¨because of my stellar payment history with them¨ they increased my limit. It is still suspicious to me, I have never had such a big increase, but I suppose that it is very welcome, less subprime limits on my cards. Update: Just tried luck with Synchrony as I use the Paypal Cashback as almost my principal card and was reading on one post of the sell of the Walmart portfolio to Capital One that Synhrony was being generous this week with CLI, just received another increase from 2,000 to 4,500 when I requested 2,300, someone is trying to take my spending from Discover and TD bank, horray.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Statefarm Student Card massive CLI

A 5x CLI is a pretty good haul Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Statefarm Student Card massive CLI

I do not know which of them was more unexpected for me, if Statefarm just multiplying five times my limit (I barely use the card except for the insurance) or Synchro giving me almost 2000 more than I requested. Anyway, both of them will help my credit score pass the 720 mark (Have some balances of around 1K due to 0% APR promos) I may try another bet with TD and see if they realize that I will stop using their card except for dinning if they keep me on the low 1000.

Message 3 of 7
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Re: Statefarm Student Card and Paypal Cashback massive CLI

Congratulations on your CLI's!!!

Message 4 of 7
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLIs!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLIs!

Message 6 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your CLI

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.