Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stepped out of garden...Citi Thank You.......Citi Diamond app

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Stepped out of garden...Citi Thank You.......Citi Diamond app

A few weeks ago i apped for Citi Thank you Preffered and after Recon i was approved for 2000 cl.....well the same day i apped for Citi Diamond Preffered as well..got shot down ( inq)...

well  when i reconed the TY app they must have reconsidered the diamond app ( no 2nd pull).......approved 1200....0 % APR......18 months ........then 15.9 after........got the chipped card as well....

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Stepped out of garden...Citi Thank You.......Citi Diamond app

Nice going, Congrats! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 8
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Hmmm.  I just got a pre selected invitation from Citi for the Diamond card.  I wonder if that means I should risk it?  Hmmm.  No, I think I will wait for the next offer with reward bonus points!  I was thinking that maybe at Christmas time I should make a list of the Bonus points/rewards that cards are offering and cut my Christmas expenses down in that way!  That would be a sweet way to work credit in my favor!  Get the cards, get the bonus rewards, then PIF them and into the sock drawer!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 3 of 8
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Oh and congrats!

Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 4 of 8
boomhower
Valued Contributor

bernhardtra: tread carefully.  I got one last year, applied and denied. 

Message 5 of 8
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

bernhardtra: tread carefully.  I got one last year, applied and denied. 

Yeah, I think they got my information from some lounge thing I have for when I travel.  But don't worry I am not stepping out of the garden until at least June.  I don't have much need for what I have now except now I am have cards which are considered Prime, but even then they are truly near Prime!  How long have you had that Merrick card in your siggy, is it the secured card?  I have one and they are actually pretty easy to deal with and I like them, mine is secured though.  I want so much for them to PC it and make it unsecured with no AF!  But that is not their policy and I knew that when I joined.  Well I did think at some point they would change and give back my deposit!  I thought at some point that I would also be offered an unsecure card also, neither of this has happened.  Now if they offered me an unsecure card in addition to the secure I would refuse as it is a lesser card than the ones that I have.  I wish they would offer more upper end products and convert long term cardholders to them!  I would like to stay with them, but the days are waning for that card.

Message 6 of 8
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

congrats

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 7 of 8
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.