Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Barclay Apple Rewards Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange Barclay Apple Rewards Approval

As the title states..

I applied three weeks ago for the Barclays Apple Rewards Visa.  Was told I would recieve an answer in 7-10 days.  I called later that day to check status and told I was declined.  I called again for recon, the rep told me to send in copies of DL, SS Card and a utility bill and gave me the address.  I got the copies and called back to get the address again.  A different rep told me that my app had been declined.  I told her that I was asked to send in more information for a recon. She said she saw in the system the request for more info, but the recon had actually been denied.

So I didn't send the info.  Got a letter in the mail asking for the info and decided what the hell, I already have the HP.  Sent the info in. A week later called to check status.  Rep told me that the recon had been declined. I forgot all about it.

A rep just called me a few minutes ago, verified some of my personal data, and approved me for 2K.

Like I said, strange.

But a happy strange.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
wantmoremoney
Regular Contributor

Re: Strange Barclay Apple Rewards Approval

Strange indeed! Barclays is a very strange bank indeed!!! But Anyway! Congratulations on the approval! And I hope you enjoy and find useful your new Barclays Apple Visa!!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So weird.  Congrats anyway.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations and I'm glad it worked out well for you! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As the title states..

I applied three weeks ago for the Barclays Apple Rewards Visa.  Was told I would recieve an answer in 7-10 days.  I called later that day to check status and told I was declined.  I called again for recon, the rep told me to send in copies of DL, SS Card and a utility bill and gave me the address.  I got the copies and called back to get the address again.  A different rep told me that my app had been declined.  I told her that I was asked to send in more information for a recon. She said she saw in the system the request for more info, but the recon had actually been denied.

So I didn't send the info.  Got a letter in the mail asking for the info and decided what the hell, I already have the HP.  Sent the info in. A week later called to check status.  Rep told me that the recon had been declined. I forgot all about it.

A rep just called me a few minutes ago, verified some of my personal data, and approved me for 2K.

Like I said, strange.

But a happy strange.

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Cat Very Happy

Message 5 of 7
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, they are very strange, but congrats !!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.