cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strong week of CLI (thanks to wisdom learned on this forum)

tag
MachoHombre
Regular Contributor

Strong week of CLI (thanks to wisdom learned on this forum)

14 months ago I had a "OK" score but very thin file, lender told me this when they didn't give me rockstar rate on a car loan.   So I spent 2018 builidng up my file, -aggressive but (moslty) smart thanks to wisdom on this forum.  When 2019 hit, my goal was no new cards, minimal HPs and work to build relationships with current cards.   BIG thanks to to the many on this board who have shared such brilliant wisdom, I would have not got a tiny fraction of these results without what I leaned on this board. 

So, with a recent bump in fico score, and a bit of maturity on some cards I strategically went for some CLIs this week

[x] BoA 123 card:   5K to 15K

[x[ BoA Premium Rewards card:  25k to 35K

These were both via luv button, instant.   two months ago they said no.

[x] PenFed Pathfinder Amex  10K to 25K

I was able to avoid a HP here but it was a very wild fluke that I could never duplicate, they couldn't pull EQ, I called them and chatted -asked them to look at other things and they overlooked doing EQ after I unlocked it.  I was lucky.

[x] NFCU Flagship  15K to 25K

Incurred a HP here (damnit) but seemingly no way to avoid it, and they won't let you piggy back other things on the HP

[x] Comenity Total Rewards Visa    8.2K to 10.7K

This morning = 4months +1day since last CLI so I rang the luv button.   

Things lined up for sure, all because of what I've learned on this forum.   

Next month AMEX CLI (X3) request and getting the issue with Disco accessing my TU report fixed

Forward goals = continue to avoid HPs, not add cards and foster current relationsnips.

||
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Strong week of CLI (thanks to wisdom learned on this forum)

Congrats on very nice CLI's !!!

Message 2 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Congrats.

That tiny font is hard to read on these old eyes lol

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 11
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Daaang!!!!     +37.5k....not too shabbySmiley Tongue 

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 11
MachoHombre
Regular Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

Thanks.  Total CLI this week came to 47.5K (typo original post fixed)  .....pretty wild, a year ago I would never have dreamed.   But, I came in to the game fairly clean, I learned a lot from this forum and was (mostly) smart/strategic.  I have more CL than I'll ever use, but glad to have it.  My file is much thicker than a year ago which was a smart move for me.   

But time to grow AAOA and let the HPs continue to fall off.   Mostly want to grow solid relationships with some of these lenders who have (so far) been good to me, I will certainly reciprocate.  

Must be said twice, these results are a direct result of what I learned on this forum.  Thanks to all who share, y'all are appreciated.

||
Message 5 of 11
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Strong is an understatement. Those are awesome CLIs!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

You...REALLY, REALLY, REALLY...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATULATIONS on your Successful Gardening, and your LEGENDARY CLIs!!!Smiley Happy

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 7 of 11
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@MachoHombre wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

Thanks.  Total CLI this week came to 47.5K (typo original post fixed)  .....

Alright Mr. ......wish I had that problem (oops, forgot an extra 10k, hahahaha!)  Cool Hombre!!!!!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your font choice was not as strong as those awesome CLIs!!! Once I found my glasses I was all set!Smiley Happy

Congratulations on all. that. credit. 

Cheers!!

Message 9 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@MachoHombre wrote:

14 months ago I had a "OK" score but very thin file, lender told me this when they didn't give me rockstar rate on a car loan.   So I spent 2018 builidng up my file, -aggressive but (moslty) smart thanks to wisdom on this forum.  When 2019 hit, my goal was no new cards, minimal HPs and work to build relationships with current cards.   BIG thanks to to the many on this board who have shared such brilliant wisdom, I would have not got a tiny fraction of these results without what I leaned on this board. 

So, with a recent bump in fico score, and a bit of maturity on some cards I strategically went for some CLIs this week

[x] BoA 123 card:   5K to 15K

[x[ BoA Premium Rewards card:  25k to 35K

These were both via luv button, instant.   two months ago they said no.

[x] PenFed Pathfinder Amex  10K to 25K

I was able to avoid a HP here but it was a very wild fluke that I could never duplicate, they couldn't pull EQ, I called them and chatted -asked them to look at other things and they overlooked doing EQ after I unlocked it.  I was lucky.

[x] NFCU Flagship  15K to 25K

Incurred a HP here (damnit) but seemingly no way to avoid it, and they won't let you piggy back other things on the HP

[x] Comenity Total Rewards Visa    8.2K to 10.7K

This morning = 4months +1day since last CLI so I rang the luv button.   

Things lined up for sure, all because of what I've learned on this forum.   

Next month AMEX CLI (X3) request and getting the issue with Disco accessing my TU report fixed

Forward goals = continue to avoid HPs, not add cards and foster current relationsnips.

Well I’ll be a MyFICOer. Thanks so much for sharing. What an impressive CLI lineup, impressive indeed. You should be very proud. A huge congratulations to you. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.