cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success! USAA, NFCU, & Lowe's, 2 yrs after starting credit repair!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success! USAA, NFCU, & Lowe's, 2 yrs after starting credit repair!

DH and I started fixing our credit 2 yrs ago so we could buy a house. We dumped our tax '15 tax return into paying debts and getting USAA secured cards. Last Dec '16 his score hit 705 and we got the house. His score hit 750 and The CD's securing our cards are maturing soon so we decided it was time for new cards. We did his today and USAA gave him a 12.5k CL, NFCU and Lowes were more conservative @ 2.8k and 2k, but we've been with USAA for many years. From thin file to a total CL of 18.3k in 2 yrs!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Success! USAA, NFCU, & Lowe's, 2 yrs after starting credit repair!

Congratulations on the hard work for both you and DH from the new house to the your approvals! You're both sitting pretty being in with NFCU and USAA both IMO.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next step is to do mine, my score's a bit lower b/c I have a couple of inquiries and a new student loan. I might decide to hold out just a bit longer, but I'm looking at a PenFed Pathfinder. I like to travel and I can rack up a few points locally taking my son to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science or Botanical Gardens once in a while.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to both you and your husband on a very successful rebuild! Happy for you guys! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I would dump the secured cards ASAP they won't graduate and they aren't doing you any favors now!

Message 5 of 10
outofcredit
Established Contributor

USAA is probably my favorite creditor. Love your signature quote!!

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and nice work!

Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Superb jobSmiley Happy Congrats on incredible rebuild storySmiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

We dumped DH's secured today. I'm going to hold off on mine for another month. By that time my utilization will be practically 0 and then it's off to PenFed to try for the card I want
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

His credit hasn't been too hard to fix. I had quite a few hits, score was down in the 520's but I expect to get it up to the 740 -750 range by April
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.