Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success with AMEX BCP CLI request and SPG app - instant approvals

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Success with AMEX BCP CLI request and SPG app - instant approvals

It's been a bit over 7 months since my last AMEX CLI, so I requested one on my BCP from $12,500 to $25K CL - instant approval.

A quick check of my offers also showed preapprovals ('Coldfusion, you're preapproved!') for a number of revolvers, so I bit the bullet and apped for the SPG.  Another instant approval, for $20K SL.   I had to set up my account to see the SL, didn't see the APR.

Both were soft pulls - no HP.   No idea whether or not my not looking to squeeze every last dollar out of the CLI request had any impact or not on the SPG SL, but it doesn't matter.  I'm satisfied all around.

One thing I haven't experienced before was being asked to type in the 3 digit code from the back of my Plat as part of the SPG app process.   Total nonissue for me, just that I had never heard that AMEX sometimes does this.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Success with AMEX BCP CLI request and SPG app - instant approvals

Congrats OP. Hope you don’t go into Financial Review. It seems to be a PIA and a bit intrusive. Heard it was for CL greater than 35k between cards or 25k in just one.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion wrote:

It's been a bit over 7 months since my last AMEX CLI, so I requested one on my BCP from $12,500 to $25K CL - instant approval.

A quick check of my offers also showed preapprovals ('Coldfusion, you're preapproved!') for a number of revolvers, so I bit the bullet and apped for the SPG.  Another instant approval, for $20K SL.   I had to set up my account to see the SL, didn't see the APR.

Both were soft pulls - no HP.   No idea whether or not my not looking to squeeze every last dollar out of the CLI request had any impact or not on the SPG SL, but it doesn't matter.  I'm satisfied all around.

One thing I haven't experienced before was being asked to type in the 3 digit code from the back of my Plat as part of the SPG app process.   Total nonissue for me, just that I had never heard that AMEX sometimes does this.

I also got the "type in 3 digit code from BCE" last week when I applied for Gold Delta last week. I wondered why, figured extra security for preapproved. 

Message 3 of 4
jlitnns
Established Contributor

wrote:

Same here, currently have BCP, app'd for BCE and asked for last 3 digits of card and of course I didn't have it. So I had to call in and get approval. I'm an idiot I guess for not having my AMEX when I'm app'ing for a new card.

Congrats on the CLI and SPG!

Robot Very Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.