cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful App Spree (10 straight approvals)

tag
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

Successful App Spree (10 straight approvals)

Just applied for the following credit cards (in this order):

Alaska Airlines Visa Signature - Instantly Approved - $5,000 credit limit - HP EX

Chase Sapphire Preferred - Instantly Approved - $5,000 credit limit - HP EX & EQ

American Express Blue Cash Preferred - Insantly Approved - $2,000 credit limit - HP EX

Chase Freedom - Approved via Recon - $4,000 credit limit - SP (Used same HP from CSP approval)

- Got the, "Decision Pending," screen. Called backdoor (1 888 270-2127). Answered some questions (job, income, credit history, why do I want this card if I already got approved for the CSP, etc. Pretty nice & helpful guy that helped me. Took like 10 minutes.

Citi Diamond Preferred - Approved via Recon - $2,000 credit limit - HP EX & EQ

- I was instantly declined. This really confused me to be honest, so I called a frontline CSR & asked for a reason for my denial. They told me to look at my online Citi documents (I have a Forward card w/them) in an hour or so. Read the document, denied me because of my low EQ credit score (642?). That didn't sound right at all because my FICO EQ as of last night was 750. Then i noticed the 642 was my score in January & they based my application off a two month old report. So I researached on here for a reliable Citi backdoor number & found the number for Citi's Reponse Unit. A nice guy picked up & then transferred me to Citi's Executive Office. Got this pretty helpful lady who was equally confused as I why their system was using two month old information. She even gave me her direct number & told me she will be going over my application with a credit analyst & get back to me next week. Asked for my permission to do a hard pull so of course I said yes. Interesting. EDIT (4/2/13): Got a voicemail saying I was approved after they re-evaluated my application. 

American Express Premiere Rewards Gold - Instantly Approved - NPSL - SP (Used same HP from BCP approval)

American Express Starwoods Preferred Guest - Approved after BCP & PRG approvals were processed - $2,000 credit limit - HP EX

- After I submitted the application, I quickly got the, "Please Call Us," screen. Called the # they gave me & had a hard time understanding this CSR (accent) but she basically told me since I just got approved for two of their cards, the third application will be processed three business days after my second card is finalized. I thought ok so I called AMEX's Executive Office & a really helpful guy basically told me the same thing but more detailed. He said they would call me after a few business days. EDIT (3/30/13): Got an e-mail saying I was approved for the SPG.

Barclaycard Ring - Approved via Recon - $2,500 credit limit - HP TU

- Got the, "Decision Pending," screen. Called backdoor (1 866 408-4064). Answered a few basic questions again (job, income, etc.). A really cool guy helped me. Took about 15 minutes.

Merrill Lynch + Visa Signature  - Instantly Approved - $5,000 credit limit - HP EX

Credit Union 1 (Local FCU) - Instantly Approved - $2,000 credit limit - HP EX

I also PC'd my Discover More to DiscoverIT.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Background info the night before the spree (for reference):

Credit Scores: EQ 750 (FICO), EX 688 (FAKO), TU 715 (FAKO)

AAoA: 2 years & 11 months

Oldest AoA: 9 years & 3 months

Total Utiliziation: 7% ($1,428 balance on $20,050 total credit limit)

Credit Cards: 12 (11 self & 1 AU / 6 major & 5 retail)

Negatives: None at all

Other: $35,000 income, no mortgage (only 22), no auto loans (paid off), & no student loans (scholarships)

If you want more in-depth background info on my credit profile before the spree: http://i46.tinypic.com/2co3e34.jpg

Other than my AAoA about to take a major hit & my scores about to dip, I'm more annoyed at why Citi was basing my March application from my January credit report. A lot can happen in two months. I don't even care if I get approved at this point, if they're going to deny me I want them to deny me because of my March report & not because of two month old information. Lol. But anyways, thought I'd share my app spree results for those needing something for reference.

If you're curious how I will meet the spending requirements for the bonuses: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Successful-App-Spree-8-approvals-1-pending-UPDATED-3-29...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 3/30/13 - Approved for the American Express SPG. So now make that 8 approvals & 1 pending. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Successful-App-Spree-7-approvals-2-pending/m-p/2010181#...

UPDATE 4/2/13 - Approved for the Citi Diamond Preferred. 9 straight approvals ! http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Successful-App-Spree-8-approvals-1-pending/m-p/2020613#...

UPDATE 4/6/13 - After looking at my CR's, added who pulled who to the original post for reference.

UPDATE 4/8/13 - Approved for a local FCU's credit card. So 10 straight approvals. Someone drag me to the nearest garden please. Lol. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Successful-App-Spree-10-straight-approvals/m-p/2044455#...

Message 1 of 109
108 REPLIES 108
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Successful App Spree (7 approvals / 2 pending)

Damn that a lot of cards!!! Smiley Happy

BIG CONGRATS!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 109
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Damn that a lot of cards!!! Smiley Happy

BIG CONGRATS!!!

Thanks man!

Never really had a problem with my credit before but ever since I discovered this board I never knew I was doing so many things wrong (letting charges stay after the statement cuts, the impact of utilization, etc.).

Message 3 of 109
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 109
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@GMCSierraDenali wrote:

Just applied for the following credit cards (in this order):

Alaska Airlines Visa Signature

Instantly Approved - $5,000 credit limit

Chase Sapphire Preferred

American Express Blue Cash Preferred

Insantly Approved - $2,000 credit limit

Chase Freedom

Approved via Recon - $4,000 credit limit.

- Got the, "Decision Pending," screen. Called backdoor (1 888 270-2127). Answered some questions (job, income, credit history, why do I want this card if I already got approved for the CSP, etc. Pretty nice & helpful guy that helped me. Took like 10 minutes.

Citi Diamond Preferred

Recon Pending

- I was instantly declined. This really confused me to be honest, so I called a frontline CSR & asked for a reason for my denial. They told me to look at my online Citi documents (I have a Forward card w/them) in an hour or so. Read the document, denied me because of my low EQ credit score (642?). That didn't sound right at all because my FICO EQ as of last night was 750. Then i noticed the 642 was my score in January & they based my application off a two month old report. So I researached on here for a reliable Citi backdoor number & found the number for Citi's Reponse Unit. A nice guy picked up & then transferred me to Citi's Executive Office. Got this pretty helpful lady who was equally confused as I why their system was using two month old information. She even gave me her direct number & told me she will be going over my application with a credit analyst & get back to me next week. Asked for my permission to do a hard pull so of course I said yes. Interesting.

American Express Premiere Rewards Gold

Instantly Approved - NPSL

American Express Starwoods Preferred Guest

Application Pending

- After I submitted the application, I quickly got the, "Please Call Us," screen. Called the # they gave me & had a hard time understanding this CSR (accent) but she basically told me since I just got approved for two of their cards, the third application will be processed three business days after my second card is finalized. I thought ok so I called AMEX's Executive Office & a really helpful guy basically told me the same thing but more detailed. He said they would call me after a few business days.

Barclaycard Ring

Approved via Recon - $2,500 credit limit

- Got the, "Decision Pending," screen. Called backdoor (1 866 408-4064). Answered a few basic questions again (job, income, etc.). A really cool guy helped me. Took about 15 minutes.

Merrill Lynch + Visa Signature

I also PC'd my Discover More to DiscoverIT.

Background information the night before the spree (for reference):

Credit Scores: EQ 750 (FICO), EX 688 (FAKO), TU 715 (FAKO)

AAoA: 2 years & 11 months

Oldest AoA: 9 years & 3 months

Total Utiliziation: 7% ($1,428 balance on $20,050 total credit limit)

Credit Cards: 12 (11 self & 1 AU / 6 major & 5 retail)

Negatives: None at all

Other: $35,000 income, no mortgage (only 22), no auto loans (paid off), & no student loans (scholarships)

If you want more in-depth background info on my credit profile before the spree: http://i46.tinypic.com/2co3e34.jpg

Other than my AAoA about to take a major hit & my scores about to dip, I'm more annoyed at why Citi was basing my March application from my January credit report. A lot can happen in two months. I don't even care if I get approved at this point, if they're going to deny me I want them to deny me because of my March report & not because of two month old information. Lol. But anyways, thought I'd share my app spree results for those needing something for reference.

Great job! Congrats on those new cards!!

Message 5 of 109
Blurbz
Contributor

Congratulations!  Be careful with the Amex--I've read that applying for 3 cards at a time CAN be an FR trigger.  Hopefully it's not, though and, if it is, hopefully it's a painless one for you!

What a good spree, though.  Very impressed.

Message 6 of 109
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats and use those cards wisely

Message 7 of 109
distantarray
Established Contributor

congrats! and good luck hitting the minimum spending limits =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 8 of 109
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Congrats, very nice combo of cards. 

Message 9 of 109
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

Very nice spree and congrats. Looking at your credit history and profile, I felt like I was looking at myself. I have a lot of similarities with you.

24 years old
Good mix of cards
Similar scores

And this board made me see A LOT of opportunities for improvement. Most recently I went on a spree and attained a AMEX BCP, BofA Better Balance Rewards and Discover It. A couple of months ago I got a Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Sapphire (accidentally app'd for the regular Sapphire) but will PC it to a Freedom.
PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 10 of 109
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.