cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful App Spree (10 straight approvals)

tag
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Re: Successful App Spree (7 approvals / 2 pending)

Wow - now that's a spree! I would never consider applying for more than 3-4 at a time.

A couple of questions:

1. Do you have a plan to make the minimum spend for bonuses? I see you have quite a few cards that will have considerable spend needed. Seems like a lot based on your rather low income (no offense meant, just saying I only go for 2-3 cards with spends and I make $90K + a year and have a business that can cover spending). If you don't make the spends you are not getting the bonuses and that's the main reason to get some of those cards in my opinion.

2. Merrill Lynch+ card - really? Why?

Thanks for the answers and congratulations again! You need a new wallet now. 

Message 11 of 109
if6was9
Established Member

Wow, that's a lot of cards. Good job, you must be doing something right. 

Just out of curiosity, your stats show that you had 12 cards the night before the app spree, you applied for 9 more. Why would you want 21 credit cards? 

Message 12 of 109
PSouz
Contributor

Congrats, nice limits! I too am wondering if you have a plan to spend enough to get the bonuses?

Amex BCE $14k (backdated to 1/11), Chase Freedom $500 (11/2012)
Discover It Student $3k (3/13), Citi Dividend Platinum Visa $3k (3/13)
Capital One Cash Rewards Visa $3.5k (3/13)
Starting Score 3/20/13 - TransUnion FICO 758 - Goal Score 800
Message 13 of 109
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

To everyone curious how I'm going to meet the spending requirements for the CC bonuses on only a $35,000 income:

I'm going to have no problem at all, Smiley Very Happy. Also no offense taken to whoever said that, I would be thinking the same thing!

I live in Alaska, my whole family lives in a rural part of Alaska (North Slope), I moved to the biggest city in Alaska (Anchorage) for college two years ago. I visit them 2 - 3 times a month (parents or GF pay for my tickets). So I run errands (groceries, financial stuff, etc.) for them all the time. Basically I put it all on my credit card, they transfer the $$$ to my account for whatever they told me to buy, I pay off my credit card. A recent example: my dad wanted new rims & tires for his truck, ran his $3,000 purchase through my card, he paid me back, I paid off my CC.

I can actually already meet Chase's $3,000 spending requirement for the first three months. My GF needs to buy something I'm just waiting for my card to get here. So she's going have to wait 7-10 days, Smiley LOL.

Message 14 of 109
PSouz
Contributor

Awesome you'll be getting some nice rewards! And in a few years after these accounts have aged you'll be able to get new cards without your AAoA getting too badly affected so that's cool, I'm new to this forum, I've never heard of someone applying for so many cards at once haha. Congrats again

Amex BCE $14k (backdated to 1/11), Chase Freedom $500 (11/2012)
Discover It Student $3k (3/13), Citi Dividend Platinum Visa $3k (3/13)
Capital One Cash Rewards Visa $3.5k (3/13)
Starting Score 3/20/13 - TransUnion FICO 758 - Goal Score 800
Message 15 of 109
coroc
Valued Member

How is your oldest account 9+ yearz but your only 22? Wouldnt that mean u received your first card at 13?
On my way! $FG
Message 16 of 109
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

@if6was9 wrote:

Wow, that's a lot of cards. Good job, you must be doing something right. 

Just out of curiosity, your stats show that you had 12 cards the night before the app spree, you applied for 9 more. Why would you want 21 credit cards? 

A lot of it is mostly from when I started out. I'm going to be closing a lot of the pointless ones (Lowe's, JCPenny, ChevronTexaco, etc.) I'm for sure keeping Sam's Club (I'm an AU on it on my mom's account, 9+ years old account). Also keeping Kay Jeweler's as it's 4+ years old under my own name. After I receive all my new cards I'm going to look over my current cards & see which ones would have less of an impact on my AAoA then go on a closing spree. Lol.

Message 17 of 109
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

@PSouz wrote:
Awesome you'll be getting some nice rewards! And in a few years after these accounts have aged you'll be able to get new cards without your AAoA getting too badly affected so that's cool, I'm new to this forum, I've never heard of someone applying for so many cards at once haha. Congrats again

Thanks man! Yeah, I'm relatively new on here too. Been lurking forever & didn't make an account until recently. I have never heard of an App spree until I discovered this board. Lol. But I can see the positives of it if your credit report/score allows it (Allows new accounts to age together, inquiries fall off at the same time in two years, etc.).

Message 18 of 109
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

@coroc wrote:
How is your oldest account 9+ yearz but your only 22? Wouldnt that mean u received your first card at 13?

I'm an AU on my mom's Sam's Club CC which she opened in 2003.

Message 19 of 109
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!! My CDP took two months to get approved via recon! Good luck!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 20 of 109
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.