cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful App Spree (10 straight approvals)

tag
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Re: Successful App Spree (7 approvals / 2 pending)

@GMCSierraDenali wrote:

To everyone curious how I'm going to meet the spending requirements for the CC bonuses on only a $35,000 income:

I'm going to have no problem at all, Smiley Very Happy. Also no offense taken to whoever said that, I would be thinking the same thing!

I live in Alaska, my whole family lives in a rural part of Alaska (North Slope), I moved to the biggest city in Alaska (Anchorage) for college two years ago. I visit them 2 - 3 times a month (parents or GF pay for my tickets). So I run errands (groceries, financial stuff, etc.) for them all the time. Basically I put it all on my credit card, they transfer the $$$ to my account for whatever they told me to buy, I pay off my credit card. A recent example: my dad wanted new rims & tires for his truck, ran his $3,000 purchase through my card, he paid me back, I paid off my CC.

I can actually already meet Chase's $3,000 spending requirement for the first three months. My GF needs to buy something I'm just waiting for my card to get here. So she's going have to wait 7-10 days, Smiley LOL.

I have a short memory it seems. I now remember you and I advocated that you get the AMEX and not worry about FR. I specifically remember saying that the spending patterns you will have based on where you live should be fine. It seems you have been very busy - and how awesome it is to see you get all these cards! You are going to do great because you are spending OPM (other people's money). Congratulations again - enjoy the point fest. 

Also - Merrill Lynch+ card. Really? Why? What does it offer that is not covered by the plethora of the other cards you have. Enlighten me but do it soon as I have $50,000 that is getting yanked out of a ML investment soon. 

Rock on. 

Message 31 of 109
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Iam with you OP!!
I can put an easy 100k per year through amex charge card just buying aircraft fuel and yea, I get reimbursed right then and there each time.
It adds up to a lot of free points Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 32 of 109
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
LOL...
My friends hassle me about the amount of cards I have too
ANDmy credit score is HIGHER than theirs typically ;-)
Im at 20 cards lol :-0

I know what you mean! Some of my friends think I'm crazy. Lol.

@PSouz wrote:
20 cards just seems like too much work haha, I'm not looking forward to having 5 bills to worry about paying, but its really not hard to just put a reminder in my phone calendar for each, I like to pif a couple days before the end of the statement on all my cards.

I keep everything in an Excel spreadsheet & I have my due dates as reminders on my Google calendar which is connected to my iPhone & iPad reminders. It does get confusing sometimes especially when I'm in so busy with school & ignore the reminders!

@scenery_guy wrote:

I have a short memory it seems. I now remember you and I advocated that you get the AMEX and not worry about FR. I specifically remember saying that the spending patterns you will have based on where you live should be fine. It seems you have been very busy - and how awesome it is to see you get all these cards! You are going to do great because you are spending OPM (other people's money). Congratulations again - enjoy the point fest. 

Also - Merrill Lynch+ card. Really? Why? What does it offer that is not covered by the plethora of the other cards you have. Enlighten me but do it soon as I have $50,000 that is getting yanked out of a ML investment soon. 

Rock on. 

I remember! Thank you for the encouragement! Like I said I'm new to all of this & when I discovered this board & saw all the FR topics I was like, "whaaat ?" Thanks again!

To be perfectly honest with you I have no idea why I applied for the Merrill Lynch + card, Smiley Very Happy. I'll admit once I saw all those approvals, I basically said fudge it & applied. I'm supposed to do something with them school-related for my Senior year though & wanted to get familiar with them I guess.

@Pilotdude wrote:
Iam with you OP!!
I can put an easy 100k per year through amex charge card just buying aircraft fuel and yea, I get reimbursed right then and there each time.
It adds up to a lot of free points Smiley Happy

Doesn't it feel awesome ?! Lol. Although I am a bit jealous of your $100,000 reimbursements. That's an insane amount of points, Smiley Surprised.

Message 33 of 109
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

Well, I just got an e-mal congratulating me on my approval for the AMEX SPG. So I guess make that 8 approvals & now only 1 pending. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't an awesome feeling. Lol.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2n2429j.png

Now I just want my last pending application with the Citi Diamond Preferred to be finalized. I don't even care if I get approved for it or not I just want someone to tell me approved or, "Sir we reviewed your March report & overall credit history & don't think you qualify." Lol.

Message 34 of 109
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Successful App Spree (7 approvals / 2 pending) / UPDATED

CONGRATS on the SPG!!!!

Helluva spree!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 35 of 109
enharu
Super Contributor

grats!

very very nice

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 36 of 109
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys!

With the way my luck is, I think I'm going to e-mail the CapitalOne EO & see if they can do something for me. I have a $500 Platinum from where I very first started out with credit & another $5,500 platinum. Not sure what I'd ask for though.
Message 37 of 109
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

My head is still spinning on the 7 approvals! Wow! When you go on a spree...you go on a SPREE!
Message 38 of 109
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

That is one helluva app spree with great success!!!

Congrats on those Amex's!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 39 of 109
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

Have I missed any CC's out there with any useful bonuses ? After 8 approvals, my app itch is still kicking.
Message 40 of 109
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.