cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful App Spree (10 straight approvals)

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Successful App Spree (9 straight approvals)

oh my g....... congrats..what a spree... now just make sure you can handle the payments with all these CL. Assume we see you in the garden for a while?
Message 71 of 109
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

Re: Successful App Spree (9 straight approvals)

@lg8302ch wrote:
oh my g....... congrats..what a spree... now just make sure you can handle the payments with all these CL. Assume we see you in the garden for a while?

Yes sir ! I think I'm kind of forced into the garden now. I don't have anything else to apply for that would benefit me, Smiley Surprised. Maybe something new will pop up in 1 - 2 years.

Message 72 of 109
randeman
Frequent Contributor

Re: Successful App Spree (7 approvals / 2 pending)

@distantarray wrote:

congrats! and good luck hitting the minimum spending limits =)

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2011/07/20/40-powerful-ways-to-complete-your-credit-card-minimum-spend...

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 73 of 109
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

@randeman wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2011/07/20/40-powerful-ways-to-complete-your-credit-card-minimum-spend...

Thank you for posting that. I have never heard of Charge Smart before, Smiley Surprised.
Message 74 of 109
randeman
Frequent Contributor

@GMCSierraDenali wrote:

@randeman wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

Thank you for posting that. I have never heard of Charge Smart before, Smiley Surprised.

You're welcome.  I had never considered a lot of the stuff the blogger came up with, but I love the site!

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 75 of 109
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I'm thinking of the average person if they were to pay for their mortgage, car loan(s), etc. all with their credit cards. That would be an amazing amount of points after one year.

Message 76 of 109
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

Re: Successful App Spree (8 approvals / 1 pending)

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats! Have you calculated your AAOA? I'm curious to know what affect that many accounts opened at once affects credit scores? Would you mind letting us know once they all hit your reports?

If my math is correct my new AAoA should be around 2 years & 2 months after all my new accounts are one month old. So a 9 month drop, Smiley Sad.

Message 77 of 109
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Well, at least it's over 2 years. Now just keep gardening those seedlings to get that score back.
Message 78 of 109
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Well, at least it's over 2 years. Now just keep gardening those seedlings to get that score back.

Yeah my 9 year old Sam's Club & 4 year old Kay's helped it stay over 2 years. I was afraid it'd be in the 1 year range but I'm in the clear. Garadening is now the plan ! Smiley Happy

Message 79 of 109
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

Re: Successful App Spree (10 straight approvals)

So... I just applied for a credit card from a local FCU & got approved. Only a $2,000 limit but a 6.75% APR rate tempted me. So now make that 10 straight approvals. Someone please drag me to the closest garden, Smiley Sad.

Message 80 of 109
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.