Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful Citi SP CLI 😀

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Successful Citi SP CLI 😀

I had yet to ever request a CLI on any card. All the CLI's I've received in the past have been automated, but with seeing so much success on the forums, decided to try for my Citi Double Cash and maybe Discover. I'd seen conflicting info on whether Citi is a HP or SP for an online requested CLI, with some saying its case specific. In my Citi app, I looked at the language on the form for requesting a CLI. It said:

"Answer the following questions. Based on your responses, you COULD be approved instantly without a credit bureau report."

I came into the forums to see if anyone could offer advice on whether this would be a hp or sp. Based on Remedios responses, I decided to go online to Citi (as opposed to in the app) to see if there were any differences in the language that might assure me. Here's what the CLI form stated on the website: 

"We will NOT obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request, and you will receive a decision instantly. All fields are required unless specified as optional."

Though I used this card regularly when I first got it, I've been much more focused on UR points in the last year, and now it rarely gets any use save for a small monthly subscription I keep on it. Wasn't sure about what kind of increase to expect considering that it now gets very little use.

I pulled the button and got a 2k increase. No HP. Successful first CLI request! Happy dance 💃 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Successful Citi SP CLI 😀

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your CLI! 👍

Message 3 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 12
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats OP!! SP love is always welcome. Nice CLI for a basically SD card. 👍🏻 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Citi DC CLI!

Message 6 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous congrats and thank you for DPs 

Message 7 of 12
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on your Citi DoubleCash SP CLI! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 8 of 12
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your CLI! 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.