cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successfully off the Chase "blacklist" -- only took 2 1/2 years....Amazon prime approval.

tag
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Successfully off the Chase "blacklist" -- only took 2 1/2 years....Amazon prime approval.

Been awhile since I've posted consistently but definitely have skimmed thru the threads to take in all of the activity.

Brief history: Back in the beginning of '15, Chase closed out all of my accounts (CSR, Freedom, Slate, Ritz) although these cards only lived a short life (4 months at most). Details on that here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/NEW-AND-FINAL-UPDATE-Chase-closed-out-all-of-my-cards-w...

So, afterwards I've applied for another Chase product in late 2016, seeing that appeared as enough time has passed since the close outs, right?!? Nope. Denied. Reason: Previous unsatisfactory relationship with this bank.

So, a few weeks ago, I decided on a whim, to give this one last shot before calling it quits for good. So, consdiering the 5/24 rule and how much we all love to shop Amazon, I app'd for the prime visa. No surpise. Received the 30 day notice. Called the automated line, it turned into the ever gut wrenching 7 - 10 day message. So, I did what all of us would do, if you've been here on MF for sometime -- called that backdoor number. Rep proceeded to tell me of what i've assumed -- denied due to previously unsatidfactory relationship with this bank. So, I asked for a re-review in which they proceed to tell me it would required roughly 1 - 2 weeks to complete.

Ok. Fair enough.

Fast forward to yesterday. I called back in because I've not heard a peep from Chase and wanted to get status. I got one of the reps on the phone and explained the situation. They said they needed to review the app for a few minutes and would let me know. I said, "Ok. I have time". The rep comes back a few minutes later and puzzled I might add. They couldn't figure out what was the "unsatisfactory" event or item that the denial was referring too. The rep couldn't find any BKs, COs or lates for that matter with any account that I held with them. The only thing they could see where the old accounts which had a very short life span and no derogs on them durng their history. I told the rep I felt the exact same way for a long time -- puzzled. The rep took it upon themselves to fully research and get to the bottom of it all because there is nothing they could see that would prevent an approval. So, the rep personally took the application and walked it the entire way thru the process. Meaning, each step of the way, if it needed an approval from different people/depts or process, they manually made the contact and got the process done and approved. So, after an hour and 35 minute phone call, yes, a full 95 minutes, Lo and behold......

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 5.13.48 PM.png

Not the best CL as compared to my others but ya know what, I'll take it. So, I guess I'm back in!

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Jimp2323
Regular Contributor

Re: Successfully off the Chase "blacklist" -- only took 2 1/2 years....Amazon prime approv

Yaa, you!  Did they ever figure out why they shut you down in the first place?

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Successfully off the Chase "blacklist" -- only took 2 1/2 years....Amazon prime approv

Well now. That is one fine surprise! Big congratulations!

Message 3 of 28
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

Congrats!! If I were you, I'd login to the account and check the SL. I got the exact same email that said $5,000 limit, but when I checked my account it was $9,000.

I've read multiple posts of people with the same scenario.

Either way, congrats on getting back in with them... That representative is a freakin lifesaver!

Cheers!
AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 4 of 28
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go Y on your new 10k cardSmiley Wink

Lol, dont be suprised, it says initial not sl so expect 9 or 10 id saySmiley Wink
Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!...Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 28
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Thanks guys. I just checked my CL as I've seen that $5K initial but $9K in reality threads and no, it's truly $5K. No worries as I'm sure it will grow in due time.

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 5.51.41 PM.png

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 7 of 28
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@Jimp2323 wrote:

Yaa, you!  Did they ever figure out why they shut you down in the first place?

It was due to the amount of cards I opened within the time frame. I guess it looked "risky" ro them. It's at least what I was told back when it took place.

Message 8 of 28
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@Cashbackjunky wrote:
That representative is a freakin lifesaver!

Cheers!

100%!! I think they took it personally Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Y!!!!  Chase can be your best friend or your worst enemy. They have been very very good to me. The Amazon prime card is a great one to have in the stable. Wishing you continued success with them. 🎉🎊🍾🐬🎈.. it was nice seeing a post from you again😀

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.