Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sun Country Airlines® Visa Signature® Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sun Country Airlines® Visa Signature® Card

Since it's a Visa Signature SL is 5k? Or is it possible to get a lower SL?

I've checked Credit Pulls DataBase and it only has 2 people both with high FICO scores and about 8k limit each.

My profile isn't too strong, FICO is about 690-700 most limits are low, though I have one high limit with NFCU.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Sun Country Airlines® Visa Signature® Card

Hi Smiley Happy

One thing is an absolute must to keep in mind with FNBO. Even if they approve with a low limit starting line, they are very good at credit limit increase when that eligibility window opens which is normally around 4-5 months and those usually really come through enough to build up that card line with them.

That being said, i won't say with any certainty that a Signature Card will automatically assign at $5K because almost all lenders i seen in this forum have started new card accounts with signature visa at much lower then $5K out of the gate.

Maybe someone can chime in specifically regarding FNBO but you can also simply call and ask them. They will be totally upfront with you and help out with any similar or other concerns on their card products.

I find them to be extraordinarily Friendly and Helpful but it can be a chore to land that first account with them too. Once you're in though it's all UPHILL PERIOD. That's been my experience anyway. But be advised, they do more strongly scrutinize your INQ's and seem to have a level where they won't go past.

I know because it took me roughly around (2) years give or take just to land a first account with them because of too many INQ's.

Hope that helps a little but let others weigh in and expand with their own opinions on that too.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Since this is an AF card in not sure I would use it past the first year since the rewards level is fairly low, but who knows maybe I'll use it more than I think, I definitely like the free bags and that may make up for the AF.

Currently I'm at 6 inquiries with EX (which is what I believe they pull). Do you think that's too many?

I'm booking two Roundtrip flights in the next few days total would be about $400 which would get 4,800 points (800 from the CC purchase another 4,000 from Ufly "Members earn 10 points for every dollar spent on flights"). Valued at $48, still need to spend another $520 to get the bonus but not bad.

Someone reported a SL of 3k on another forum so it looks like it does start lower than 5k

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Decided to give it a shot and,

"Congratulations, You're Approved!
You have been approved for a Sun Country Airlines® Visa Signature® Card. You will receive your new card(s) and Cardmember Agreement in the mail in 7 - 10 business days.*"

No information on starting limit yet.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

firstbankcard.com

At the top of page is "view application status." It should populate your CL by tomorrow afternoon or early Tuesday. since you were already approved.
Message 5 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
firstbankcard.com

At the top of page is "view application status." It should populate your CL by tomorrow afternoon or early Tuesday. since you were already approved.

+1

CONGRATULATIONS!

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is really strange. Just got an email from FNBO which says,

"We have reviewed your application which is pending approval. If approved, you can expect to receive your card within 7-10 business days."

On their app status page it says approved for $2,100 as of 9/10/2017. I called in last night to see if they could expedite the card as I'm trying to book a flight with it (which was the main reason for applying) and they said they couldn't see an account linked to my social, probably still creating the account on their end.

Also, I checked on the 10th and yesterday there were no HP's on any reports. Then I checked this morning they HP'd my EQ, not EX, which may be a good thing because my EQ at the time either had 2 or 3 inquiries (not sure because NFCU pulled around the same time they gave me a 7k CLI Smiley Happy ) but 2 or 3 is better than 6 on my EX especially because I've heard FNBO is very inquiry sensitive.
Message 7 of 11
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
This is really strange. Just got an email from FNBO which says,

"We have reviewed your application which is pending approval. If approved, you can expect to receive your card within 7-10 business days."

On their app status page it says approved for $2,100 as of 9/10/2017. I called in last night to see if they could expedite the card as I'm trying to book a flight with it (which was the main reason for applying) and they said they couldn't see an account linked to my social, probably still creating the account on their end.

Also, I checked on the 10th and yesterday there were no HP's on any reports. Then I checked this morning they HP'd my EQ, not EX, which may be a good thing because my EQ at the time either had 2 or 3 inquiries (not sure because NFCU pulled around the same time they gave me a 7k CLI Smiley Happy ) but 2 or 3 is better than 6 on my EX especially because I've heard FNBO is very inquiry sensitive.

Congrats.  FNBO can be inq sensitive it really depends.  I've gotten cards from them with 30+ inq's.  At times they won't budge like now I can't get another card with them.  My total with them is $96,700 across 6 cards.  When I've applied within the past 3 months, it was a no go do to inq's.  My applications weren't even reviewed.  I got auto declined due to inq's.  Excellent bank to be in with though as CM7 said they're SP cli's are legendary.  I started with my first card with them back in late 2015 for $2,000.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Sep 13, 2017
Experian 737, TransUnion 752, Equifax 745

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

When did you get your first CLI and was it an auto-CLI or requested?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.