Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Excited, got approved for Chase Sapphire Reserve after BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super Excited, got approved for Chase Sapphire Reserve after BK

Hi Guys. I'm extremly excited that i recieved an approval from chase for the Sapphire Reserve, 6 years after my BK. I've been good with payments (0 late), i have used my credit cards a bit more, a bit high on credit usage but paying them down as we speak. I have a few others that have been good to me like Barclay and Captial One. I tried once before when this card first came out but was denied. I was also offered a 22k limit which i believe is a high credit limit. I plane to use this for my travel card as i have a few international trips planned. There is life after BK as long as you ensure to pay your credit cards on time and have good debt to ratio income. 

Amex platinum, Capital One Venture 20k, Barclay 14k, Barclay Apple Credit Card 12k, Ritz Carlton 7k

Fico Experian 687, Exquifax 760, Transunion 698

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Super Excited, got approved for Chase Sapphire Reserve after BK

Congratulations! I am going for that card in a few months. Looking forward to it!

Message 2 of 24
LunaBuna
Regular Contributor

Nice SL.  Wait to you see how heavy the card is.  

Message 3 of 24
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

YAY!!!  Good on ya..

I'm not chasing Chase myself but they wouldn't have me if I did LOL

Enjoy that card!! 

OOPS   Also Welcome to My Fico! Welcome.gif

Message 4 of 24
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the killer SL and approval. That AF is hefty though!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval and huge SL! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 24
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats and welcome aboard myFICO!

I’m assuming your BK still reporting? Was Chase IIB and Also do you have a banking relationship with them? Was it a pre-approval or totally cold-app’d?
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 7 of 24
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Congrats. I also would like to know when did your BK discharge, chapter 7 or 10 and was CHASE IIB. I assume you were under 5/24. Very rare to see this esp with the SP.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

The BK is still reporting. It was an instant approval. I do have them a secondary bank for about 4 years. No preapproval. 

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

bk was discharged in January 2012, chapter 7. I am under 5/24. 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.