Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super shocked, Amex BCE approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super shocked, Amex BCE approval!

My scores are below in my profile.   Tried the preequal on a whim, because someone in the rebuilding forum had lowish scores also, approved for the Everyday and the BCE.   Only $1000 SL, and the highest interest rate possible, but I'm happy!   I'm wondering if they use a different scoring system than the CCT scores?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Super shocked, Amex BCE approval!

Congratulations! I believe Amex uses Fico 8 scores (same scores as CCT), but they may use their own internal scoring as well.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Just.  I probably should have held out...until my scores are higher for a sign on bonus, I'm feeling slight regret....Smiley Sad  It's a nice ego booster though while I'm rebuilding Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 15
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Just.  I probably should have held out...until my scores are higher for a sign on bonus, I'm feeling slight regret....Smiley Sad  It's a nice ego booster though while I'm rebuilding Smiley Happy

Congrats on the approval. Did you get any sign up bonuses?

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't you get a sign up bonus with that card? When I was approved for the ED card, my scores were <650 and I only got a 1k limit, but I did get the 10k MR points as a sign up bonus.

I will also add that I tried for a CLI on my ED card and they always denied me until my baddies fell off my report, then I finally got a CLI.

Message 5 of 15
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't you get a sign up bonus with that card? When I was approved for the ED card, my scores were <650 and I only got a 1k limit, but I did get the 10k MR points as a sign up bonus.

I will also add that I tried for a CLI on my ED card and they always denied me until my baddies fell off my report, then I finally got a CLI.

JustMe3,

that's what i was wonderbce offer.gifing too, OP wished for better score for sign up bonus but that do not have anything to do with the score. Maybe she got it confused with the better "hidden" offers you have to come across on their website, such as this one.

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure, I didn't see anything about a bonus?  is there a way to tell when I log in to my account?

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure, I didn't see anything about a bonus?  is there a way to tell when I log in to my account?

Don't think so, but I would think when your card arrives it will have info in there about it. How did you apply, straight through their website or after trying their pre-qual?

Message 8 of 15
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It will not tell you what it was, but you can just use the chat in your account and ask the rep what the sign up bonus is on your card. BCE has sign up bonus, it is just that the one i posted is like a hidden bonus, if you did not get that one, you probably got the one where if you spend $1K in 3 months, you will see a $100 credit towards your statement. That's what i got in december when i got approved for my BCE. Did not do my homework well enough to get the extra $50 Smiley Happy

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied from the preequal screen.   The offer would be nice, fingers crossed!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.