Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprise BOA CLI!

tag
Charger_Fan19
Contributor

Surprise BOA CLI!

I logged in to my BOA account this afternoon to confirm that the annual fee was credited back (as agreed) and was blown away that my credit line went from $1500 to $6500! The last time I logged in it asked me to confirm some information and I didn't give it a second thought and today this. It was a nice surprise and is now my largest limit. Oh what a journey rebuilding has been.... 

Starting Score: EQ 500 TU 500 EX 500
Current Score: EQ 647 TU 685 EX 684 9/2/16 Recommitted to Fico Health! Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Surprise BOA CLI!

Wonderful news! Congratulations!

Message 2 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Good News! for you.

Congrats! on the surprise new increase Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's pretty cool. I wish BOFA would give me a CLI. I'm almost to the point of closing it out..
Message 4 of 12
EW800
Valued Contributor

Excellent increase.  Congratulations!   Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your CLI! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That's pretty cool. I wish BOFA would give me a CLI. I'm almost to the point of closing it out..

I wish they would show me some love too. 

Message 7 of 12
Charger_Fan19
Contributor

It was very unexpected. I've had the account for almost 10 years and it started as a $300 secured card, added another $200 shortly there after. About a year later I had my deposit refunded and it sat for probably 5 years at $500 unsecured. When I  got a new job they bumped it to $1500 and its been at that limit for a couple of years now. I'm compulsively checking my dashboard to see if they changed their minds! Smiley Very Happy I've got a balance transfer offer so I'm thinking of transferring some small balances off of store cards to save some cash there. 

Starting Score: EQ 500 TU 500 EX 500
Current Score: EQ 647 TU 685 EX 684 9/2/16 Recommitted to Fico Health! Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700
Message 8 of 12
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

@Charger_Fan19 wrote:

I logged in to my BOA account this afternoon to confirm that the annual fee was credited back (as agreed) and was blown away that my credit line went from $1500 to $6500! The last time I logged in it asked me to confirm some information and I didn't give it a second thought and today this. It was a nice surprise and is now my largest limit. Oh what a journey rebuilding has been.... 

Sheesh, my CLI with them has been sitting at $2500 for (I think) *two years*, and that last increase was asked for by me, not an automatic one. My two other cards have higher limits and better benefits, so I've just let it sit there since I haven't wanted to trigger another hard pull for a chump change increase. My credit score is way better than it was two years ago, and I have a perfect payment history across the board, so I think that this card is just a dead end. I asked a CSR if I could do a product change to something less useless, but they said they don't offer it for that particular card (a "Platinum Plus").

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.