Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprise BOA CLI!

tag
noobody
Established Contributor

Re: Surprise BOA CLI!

Congratulations on CLI

My 10 year old BoA card still has same CL as the day it was approved, not a penny more.

They even declined my love button request (with HP) five years ago.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 11 of 12
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

Re: Surprise BOA CLI!

Congratulations to a great CLI! Makes me feel better about my BoA chances.

I have been recovering from a bad 2009. I got a secured $500 BoA in 2012 and have been chugging along for years keeping my balance at 50% (I asked the LO what the bank liked to see in my bl and he said 50%...my bad, I should have asked whats best for my credit and cli). Last year they bumped me to $1,000 on their own, which I was thrilled about.

My credit crashed in January down to 630 because we bought a big TV in Nov2015 on a 36mo zero interest card (SYNC, cl $3,300) which drove my util to 90+%. I had some car trouble in january and was approved for a Cap1 card $750. I was curious why my credit dropped so much, so I started reading up on credit trying to understand. Bottom line I finally understood what CRA and CCC are looking for and started flexing my cards...run'em up, PIF, repeat. It started paying off... Cap1 gave me a cli up to $1,500...which was great, but there was no rewards on it and BoA had upped my card to Rewards Platinum Plus, so I called Cap1 to see if they would do the same, they shocked me by giving e a QS with a $2,750 cl! SYNC had also gave me a 2k cli up to 5.3k

So now I'm real excited so I went for BoA cli feeling no problem, my oldest card, perfect payments and was only 1k...I was denied!!!! I called and asked for mercy and they explaining I had a derog and a collection ($77) (both 7 years old) and so no! I was hurt and mad... I felt everyone else understood that I knew how to handle cards now, so why were they being so tight? (My 1k cli was a 8 months ago at that time)

So as I stated, congrats on your bump. I have taken care of the collection and got the deletion letter last week, the derog falls off in November!  I applied for and got an AMEX ED 2k and a CSP 5k!!! Major stoked.....the CSP arrives today!!!!

I will wait for November and go or the boa cli again...I just wanted people to know they really frowned on giving me anything over 1k with the hairballs on my cr. YMMV

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.