cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprise CLI, possibly debunking 3x CLI w/ Amex after 60 days?

tag
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

Surprise CLI, possibly debunking 3x CLI w/ Amex after 60 days?

Ok so I just recently opened my AMeX, and was approved for 1k..

So today when I got my free monthly experian score from CSC, my score jumped from 660 to 680, so I decided, heck its a SP anyway, lemme try for that CLI. and just like that approved for 3k!

Got the approval on 10/27/16, and the card on 11/1/16 lol.. 15 days, CLI of 200%. Not bad, huh?

Now gonna try this monthly, since it wont let you do it less than 30 days now lol

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Surprise CLI, possibly debunking 3x CLI w/ Amex after 60 days?

I will follow this, you got a CLI in just basically days approved?, is this new rule in AMEX world?.

Anyways, congrats in you approval and CLI.

Message 2 of 5
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats! However they do give out 3X CLI as soon as you receive your card. Thats what I did with 1K SL then 3K CLI when I received the card and 9K after 6 months.

Now you have to wait for another 6 months.

Good luck 👍

Message 3 of 5
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

Congrats! However they do give out 3X CLI as soon as you receive your card. Thats what I did with 1K SL then 3K CLI when I received the card and 9K after 6 months.

Now you have to wait for another 6 months.

Good luck 👍

6 months? It says you can retry in 30 days.. I sure hope I dont have to wait that long for the next CLI..

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 4 of 5
JamP
Valued Contributor

Congratz on your CLI. You get to go for 9k in 181 days.

Amex rules used to be and correct me if I am wrong,

A CLI is possible at activation or within the first 61 days, most of us are not that lucky especially if its our first Amex card.

61 days after activation if you wait.

91 days if declined.

181 days if approved.

I don't mind waiting 181 days for a 3x cli.

There used to be a post around here that was many pages long trying to figure out these rules.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.