Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprise Citi DC CLI SP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Surprise Citi DC CLI SP!

This morning I was reading on the forum about a Citi CLI. The post mentioned there was uncertainty of whether it is a SP or HP. The mobile app kind of indicates that it will be a HP. So I went on the desktop site form my computer.

I started the request and it specifically stated "we will not obtain a credit bureau report" so I went for it since it couldn't hurt. They approved an increase of 1500! 

I went back to see if I read that right and noticed that the screen for the CLI changed to say that it would need to obtain a report. So I am sure that it will indicate whether or not it is going to require a SP or HP if you are on the actual site.

I opened the account December 2019 SL 6900. Now 8400! 

Citi DC balance during request $1403 which was from a BT at 0%

Experian FICO Score 8 - 756 (as of Today)

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Surprise Citi DC CLI SP!

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 2 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy You now have option to ask for more via hp though being relatively new account, i would just wait another 6 months and go for another sp cli. If at the time you feel you need more thsn 10k, feel free to use a hp and request the amount you would likeSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, esspecially at a time like now.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

CongratsSmiley Happy You now have option to ask for more via hp though being relatively new account, i would just wait another 6 months and go for another sp cli. If at the time you feel you need more thsn 10k, feel free to use a hp and request the amount you would likeSmiley Happy

Thanks. I will in another 6months, or I might just open a 5% rotating card. Still debating between Chase Freedom and Discover. My last inquiry was in January for CLI with WF Platinum that they denied because I did a SP the month before. If I garden long enough I am wanting to get a generous SL. The Citi DC 6900 SL was my largest to date.

Message 8 of 15
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 9 of 15
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! 1500 for a SP isn't so bad

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.