cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprise Disco CLI for a "thin and needy" me!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Surprise Disco CLI for a "thin and needy" me!

TL;DR: Disco almost doubles my Discover IT limit from $800 (starting limit) to $1500 (three months after opening account). I didn't press the LUV button; it was a complete surprise.

I read a comment from one of you fellow MyFico-ers that said Disco loves "thin and needy" files and that fits my credit profile to a T! 

I opened a Discover IT Cash Back card in early Feb 2019 with a credit limit of $800. (Amazingly good for someone like me.) My third statement just finished a few days ago. I log in tonight and it's increased by $700, to $1500!!!!

DATA POINTS:

• Ex FICO 636 when approved for CC (Feb 2019), now 655, three months later.
  • Util is high; was about 85% when approved, is now 79%. (My debt-to-income ratio is okay because I have low-interest payments on some closed CCs.)
  • I am constantly swiping the card, constantly paying. Never let the util get too high before sending in a payment. Every expense goes through the Disco card; I typically spend far more than the $800 each month.
  • My income is low (approx 20K right now) but expenses are low, so a $1500 limit is just fine for me right now. (I was pathetically grateful for the $800 starting limit, who am I kidding?)
  • My baddies: 90-day late from almost a year ago (depending on which credit bureau you ask) and a debt settlement for less than full amount from about 6 months ago. Both stemming from the same credit card. 
  • Long credit history. AAoA is between 7 and 10 years. Oldest account is 17+ years. No other baddies.

I am over the moon over this CLI, because it's going to automatically help lower my pathetic high util and also give me more "breathing room" with spending/paying on the Disco card. I was always trying to keep the util on Disco under 20% or so but sometimes this was diffcult with a $800 limit. It's going to be a lot easier with $1500.

It feels pretty great but also weird because here I am with a (to me) fantastic CC with a nice limit (considering my income) but elsewhere all the offers and preapprovals I get are for Indigo and Credit One and so forth. Even Cap1 won't preapprove me for anything. I hope to get more credit cards in a while, but right now I LOVE LOVE my Disco card and they have a fan in me for life!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Surprise Disco CLI for a "thin and needy" me!

" Disco almost doubles my Discover IT limit from $800 (starting limit) to $1500"

Message 2 of 14
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Congrats on your increase!!!

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 3 of 14
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Congratulations, OP! It's a great feeling!

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats a great feeling......Congrats, I cant wait for the "guess what I got love from Discover and my CL is now 5K post!!"

Keep doing the right thing and Ill bet your there within 12 months...

Rock The House!!

Message 5 of 14
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the “Disco likes me! It really likes me!” club! Congrats on big success!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 14
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the auto luv!

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Disco likes you Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

Congrats OP, on your sweet new CL!

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats a great feeling......Congrats, I cant wait for the "guess what I got love from Discover and my CL is now 5K post!!"

Keep doing the right thing and Ill bet your there within 12 months...

Rock The House!!

Thanks so much! I hope so! I'm really feeling the Disco love! After being a credit leper for a while (well, I still am a credit leper for most banks!) this feels absolutely fantastic!

Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.