cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprise Discover CLI

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Surprise Discover CLI

Yesterday morning, as my son was screaming at me that he wanted his tab-e-lit to watch Power Rangers I came upon an email from Discover. They raised my limit $10,000, no prompting on my part. On AJC's post about credit I said I was going to take a step back and chill, I definitely wasn't expecting a reward from my chilling so quickly Smiley Very Happy

Stats (ABCD this is for you!)- Scores: TU: 714, EQ: 730, EX: 742. Utilization sucks honestly, it's about 18% at the moment. Total credit lines $250k or so? 

I've had a touch and go relationship with Discover, I started at a $500 limit, which is now at $38,900. It took about 8 years to get here and countless $200 increases, but I think I can finally say Discover likes me, they really like me!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Surprise Discover CLI

Congrats on your increase! Nice limit! 

Got some pruning to do... No more new cards!
Message 2 of 10
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@smc4getnot wrote:

Yesterday morning, as my son was screaming at me that he wanted his tab-e-lit to watch Power Rangers I came upon an email from Discover. They raised my limit $10,000, no prompting on my part. On AJC's post about credit I said I was going to take a step back and chill, I definitely wasn't expecting a reward from my chilling so quickly Smiley Very Happy

Stats (ABCD this is for you!)- Scores: TU: 714, EQ: 730, EX: 742. Utilization sucks honestly, it's about 18% at the moment. Total credit lines $250k or so? 

I've had a touch and go relationship with Discover, I started at a $500 limit, which is now at $38,900. It took about 8 years to get here and countless $200 increases, but I think I can finally say Discover likes me, they really like me!

Hey and .

mention you so I am calling you Smiley Happy Congrats OP Smiley Happy WOW VERY Nice limit!  YOU are giving me some hope for my Discover Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
Highlighted
Valued Member

Congrats bro. 250k in total credit is pretty impressive as well.

FICO 8 EX 768 | TU 771 | EQ 773

Message 4 of 10
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

First don't let  kids scream at you!

Second Congrats on cli,but dang it 8yrs...

Message 5 of 10
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@peghede wrote:

First don't let  kids scream at you!

Second Congrats on cli,but dang it 8yrs...

Do 3 year olds do anything but scream? Smiley Wink All i hear all day is MOOOOMMMMYYYYY

Thanks all! I was happy about it, I think this may make my Discover my every day card.

Message 6 of 10
Valued Contributor

Ahh 3 years old, i see..

Still keeping their decibels down when they little help huge when they  bigger.

Message 7 of 10
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Hey SMCSmiley Happy

Super happy for you my friend. Couldnt happen for a better person. Your Discover Legend status has just been upgraded to Dynamitic DynamoSmiley Happy. Chilling seems to be the new perfume and you wear it wellSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Awesome. Congrats.

Beginning Journey April 2017 – FICO 8

Current Scores May 2018 – FICO 8

Started this credit game with $8400 TCL in 04/17 now I'm at $150K+.
Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Very NICE, CONGRATS!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.