Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprise Discover and Amex Gold Delta approvals

tag
crys12065
Established Contributor

Surprise Discover and Amex Gold Delta approvals

I am in the process of rebuilding my credit, so my scores aren't very good.  I keep getting emails from Delta for the Amex gold with the 60,000 offer and I wanted an airline card but ignored them because of my scores.  Well tonight I decided what the heck and I pulled the trigger.   I was expecting a denial and laughter for even attempting, but to my shock approved.  Then I decided to try my luck once more with Discover It since they are like a unicorn card for me and surprise I got another approval!  

Both are only $1000 SL not a high limit at all but I am hoping to grow with both cards. 

I am not quite sure what came over me tonight but I am officially in the Garden for the foreseeable future.  Escpecially since I tried to app for a second Amex hoping they would use the same HP but they didn't.  My bad for pressing my luck because do I really need 2 Amex cards?  Nope that was just an error in judgement and greed on my part lol. 

Both cards pulled my EX which is 631 with 2 collections listed back from 2013 and 2014 so again I am shocked by the approvals but I'll take them!

In the garden until 2020
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Surprise Discover and Amex Gold Delta approvals

Congrats! I get preapprovals for the Gold constantly but I don’t want that fee. Plus I don’t eat out 

LOL. Stick with Amex for awhile. Eventually you’ll probably be able to get another card with only a SP. Amex and Disco are both excellent. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 13
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!👍👍

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 3 of 13
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on both your approvals!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! 👌🏾
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on both approvals !!!!

Message 6 of 13
crys12065
Established Contributor

Thank you everyone, I’m excited to have some solid cards and think I can now close my CreditOne card.  I assume I’ll lose score points when I close it but they should bounce back fairly quickly right?

In the garden until 2020
Message 7 of 13
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Message 8 of 13
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Hi that is great getting the

Message 9 of 13
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on these approvals. Both are good Lenders to have imo.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.