Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprise Nordstrom CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Surprise Nordstrom CLI

I just received a $5,000 CLI from $15,000 to $20,000 earlier this year. Just now I called to make a phone payment (yes, I did, its free, wanna fight about it?) and the VRU indicated "Congratulations, we have recently increased the credit line on your account....." I figured they were just reminding me of my recent increase; nope. It went from $20,000 to $25,000. I think Nordies/TD must be off their rocker.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
roxy72
Valued Member

Re: Surprise Nordstrom CLI

Congrats on the increase!!  Do you use your card often for purchases at Nordstrom?  I get increases every 4 months but they're small amounts, I'm assuming it's because I don't use the card often.  Looking to upgrade to the Visa Sig

Seedling till 5/15/19
Message 2 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dang Dad, dont you know its not nice to call on a Monday afternoon , all kind of shananigans happen coming off a holidaySmiley Wink. You sure you didnt sweet talk a Mom still riding high from her holiday? Smiley Wink

"Yes Maam, id like to make a payment over the phone...gushing, Oh how personal and very responsible of you young man!... Yes maam , they call me CO_NATIVE... Well Mr Native, youve made my Mon_day and my quota, here sir, have an extra 5k nordie bucks and go buy you something fierce!!"

Cha ChingSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@roxy72 wrote:

Congrats on the increase!!  Do you use your card often for purchases at Nordstrom?  I get increases every 4 months but they're small amounts, I'm assuming it's because I don't use the card often.  Looking to upgrade to the Visa Sig

Thank you. I actually did not mean for my post to sound like bragging. I am genuinely surprised since I just received a $5K increase in February or March. I wanted to see if any other Nordstrom Visa cardholders are getting a second increase. 

That is the funny thing; I only use my Nordstrom Visa card about twice a year. I just bought some shorts and swim trunks for $158 and change this month. Before that, I bought my sister perfume for Christmas. The account is 14 years old, no lates. EQ is 815; EX 824. 

Yes, you should absolutely go for the Visa Signature. If you are a hardcore shopper the ability to earn points on outside purchases can help earn the Nordstrom Notes. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Dang Dad, dont you know its not nice to call on a Monday afternoon , all kind of shananigans happen coming off a holidaySmiley Wink. You sure you didnt sweet talk a Mom still riding high from her holiday? Smiley Wink

"Yes Maam, id like to make a payment over the phone...gushing, Oh how personal and very responsible of you young man!... Yes maam , they call me CO_NATIVE... Well Mr Native, youve made my Mon_day and my quota, here sir, have an extra 5k nordie bucks and go buy you something fierce!!"

Cha ChingSmiley Happy

Joseph! LOL I actually only called the VRU (Voice Response Unit in 1980s speak LOL) to make a phone pay. Why I don't sign up for online payments is beyond me but they have always offered free phone pay so that is how I make my payments with them. So, I didn't have to speak to anybody. 

And I did buy something fierce...Bonobos 7 inch inseam shorts oooh la la LOLOLOL. Who wears short shorts? CO_Native! Got to show off the stems. 

Message 5 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

LolSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.