Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprising CSR approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Surprising CSR approval!

Though I was eyeing CSR since its release, I didn't apply because my credit score dropped around 645 in last 3 months due to 0% balance transfer debts and also I started my credit journey only in Jan 2016.

Was initially in doubts that I will not get the CSR for sure but thought of taking the risk and walked into the Chase branch yesterday.

Asked if I had any pre-approval and was told none came up. I just asked the banker to apply for it and see where it goes.

She called customer service and the customer service rep informed me that my chase account and the CSP which I received 6 months back(Took the same risk for CSP with just 8-month history Smiley Tongue) is in good standing and I'm approved for 10k credit limit.

That was really a pleasant surprise to me! Smiley Happy

10 REPLIES 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Surprising CSR approval!

Wow Congrats OP that's amazing !
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's fantastic! and what an awesome SL! Congrats!

Message 3 of 11
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your CSR approval!!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you were approved.  Sounds like you are excited about it.  I cannot, however, for the life of me understand why someone wants a $450 annual fee card.  Join NFCU and get double that SL with a no annual fee card.  Chase knew they'd make alot of money on people with this card.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Glad you were approved.  Sounds like you are excited about it.  I cannot, however, for the life of me understand why someone wants a $450 annual fee card.  Join NFCU and get double that SL with a no annual fee card.  Chase knew they'd make alot of money on people with this card.

This means you don't understand the value of perks and point transfers. 

If you never fly anywhere or stay in hotels, it will remain difficult for you to understand as all premium cards are aimed at people who will use them in conjunction with travel. 

In fact, chase has lost millions of dollars with the Sapphire Reserve due to giving people a sign-up bonus that ends up being worth roughly $1,500 (not to mention the value of the included card membership perks like Priority Pass lounge membership, $300 travel credit that applies to pretty much every travel-related purchase) while only charging a $450 annual fee.

In reality, if you do any traveling whatsoever the 'fee' is really $150, which again if you travel ever is easily more than made up for by the other perks. 

Chase is the one who is losing money with this card, not the smart consumer.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is not the credit limit I'm excited about. It is the perks you get with this card which outweigh the annual fee.

As @wanderingbuilder mentioned in previous post, this is a $150 AF card after travel credits(Chase has a huge category list for the travel credits).

The priority pass select membership and other card benefits is worth more than $150 for me since I travel a lot and the 100K signup bonus is humongous.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just saw where the Chase Ritz-Carlton is another $450 annual fee card.  I can't imagine a board room meeting at Chase where they say "let's come out with a new credit card where we lose alot more money".

I'm thinking they sucker customers in who are looking to stay at the hotel on vacation soon and then choose somewhere else next vacation.

Banks do not operate with the intention of losing money.

Again, the only thing that matters is if you get what you want.

Every retail store that hits me up with "would you like to buy an extended service warranty" on an item gets my response that says "you shouldn't sell the product if it's not any good".

On the other hand, the only time I use my Blispay card is when I buy something that costs more than $200.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just saw where the Chase Ritz-Carlton is another $450 annual fee card.  I can't imagine a board room meeting at Chase where they say "let's come out with a new credit card where we lose alot more money".

I'm thinking they sucker customers in who are looking to stay at the hotel on vacation soon and then choose somewhere else next vacation.

Banks do not operate with the intention of losing money.

Again, the only thing that matters is if you get what you want.

Every retail store that hits me up with "would you like to buy an extended service warranty" on an item gets my response that says "you shouldn't sell the product if it's not any good".

On the other hand, the only time I use my Blispay card is when I buy something that costs more than $200.

You are right that banks are out to make money - and by and large most consumers are not as credit savvy as your average credit enthusiast so they will not be maximizing the potential rewards from perks cards in general.

Those of us who do are very much in the minority, but it doesn' t make the value any less true. 

Again, if you are not someone who travels really ever, I don't know off the top of my head any cards with annual fees that would be of benefit. Also, even if you travel somewhat regularly but opt for standby and ultra discount economy they probably still won't benefit you.

At my point in life I don't want to do that anymore though. I'm too tall to fit comfortably in any Economy class seat, and after experiencing even just a low-ranking airport lounge rather than sitting in the terminal waiting for a flight, the experience was so much nicer that I would have paid outrightly for it.

Message 9 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This is an approvals thread and is for telling others about an approval and for the OP to provide data points... let's try to keep the thread on-topic.

--UB

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.