cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprising Citi Costco SL after 'call to review' instant decision

tag
cbf077

Surprising Citi Costco SL after 'call to review' instant decision

Was given an $8500 sl on Citi Costco instantly after calling and talking to someone. Wasn't sure what the outcome would be because of a number of recent hard inquiries from car loan pricing, a few recently opened cards, and a relatively short credit history.

Does Citi usually give higher SLs? Both my Citi cards have higher limits than any of my others.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Surprising Citi Costco SL after 'call to review' instant decision

As long as you're under 6/6 you're chances are high of approval and you're at 2/6 so they probably wanted a verification of some sort.

Citi isn't known for high limits unless you're paying a high AF for the card.  I picked up the Premier awhile back and the initial limit was around 8K when everyone else in my wallet was 20K+ up to 50-65K.  I hit the CLI when I got the card and snagged another 5K out of them and it's been a 2K drip since then every 6 months.

Comparatively I picked up the Uber at 11K approval and called them to raise it to 25K in a matter of a couple of mins.  No matter how much I pester Citi they are just hard headed about the issue.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Surprising Citi Costco SL after 'call to review' instant decision

Congrats on your approval and nice SL!!! Enjoy!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.