Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprising Citibank CL Increase!!!

tag
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Surprising Citibank CL Increase!!!

Ive had my double cash card now for 3 months, when i noticed yesterday it said it had a new balance transfer offer. So out of curosity I clicked the line increase button to see if it was still a hard pull, but to my amazement, it changed to a soft pull inquiry, so I hit the link and got a modest 1300 increase, which it started at 3k, which is way lower than my other cards. But happy for the increase, especially this soon. I was under the impression that it was every six months with citi. Now I do have my Hhonors card with them and its been almost year, so I dont know if that had anything to do with it. But I will wait until my score is higher to ask for a hard pull increase! So far Im loving Citibank, which I honestly never expected!

Side Note: I figure I would give it a shot and call for an APR reduction, and I got a 3% decrease. Lady told me to call back next month, to see if there was another apr reduction available. Really loving Citibank, been the only bank showing me some love the last few months, lolSmiley LOL

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Surprising Citibank CL Increase!!!

Nice SP increase, especially after only 3 months.  Just finally got in with Citibank so hopefully I can get some SP love down the road too! 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the soft pull CLI! You may not need to wait 30 days for another APR reduction. I've read at least two accounts of people who received multiple deductions one day apart. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your increase....very nice. I personally would not consider this a modest increase especially after just 3 months.  Celebrate!!...very nice increase!!....Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Weird... I've had my DC less than a month and I also had a balance transfer offer and a soft pull CLI page.  Just for grins I submitted the form to see if I could get anything but no dice.

I did just do a HP CLI when I got the card, so I would've been really surprised if I'd gotten anything now.  I really wish I'd waited a few weeks.

Message 5 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Citi does indeed enjoy your company. An sp increase AND an Apr reduction in first 3 months. Impressive indeedSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.