Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Surprising) Discover CLI

tag
jl4
Established Contributor

(Surprising) Discover CLI

A couple days ago I hit the luv button for my Discover IT card and was told it would need "further review." Ok, fine. Whatever. It won't break my heart if nothing happens, though that measly $500 is kind of amusing standing next to my other cards.

I received a phone call and voicemail this morning from Discover Credit Operations so I called them back. I talked to a dude that wanted to know some information about my income and "assets available to me." I gave him some numbers and after a pause he approved me for an increase of $1000 to a total CL of $1500.

Whoop-ee? lol. 

It's awfully coincidental that I was pondering to myself about closing this card just last night.

Now the question is... what's the CLI waiting period? 3 months? 6 months? I have a spreadsheet and calendar reminders for this stuff to track it.

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Re: (Surprising) Discover CLI

@jl4wrote:

A couple days ago I hit the luv button for my Discover IT card and was told it would need "further review." Ok, fine. Whatever. It won't break my heart if nothing happens, though that measly $500 is kind of amusing standing next to my other cards.

I received a phone call and voicemail this morning from Discover Credit Operations so I called them back. I talked to a dude that wanted to know some information about my income and "assets available to me." I gave him some numbers and after a pause he approved me for an increase of $1000 to a total CL of $1500.

Whoop-ee? lol. 

It's awfully coincidental that I was pondering to myself about closing this card just last night.

Now the question is... what's the CLI waiting period? 3 months? 6 months? I have a spreadsheet and calendar reminders for this stuff to track it. You can ask every 30 days but some people have to wait longer. Like me, I can’t ask for another increase until 90 after my last, they haven’t granted the previous two. Got one month to go and hoping for a 1800 increase, to 7.3K 😕😕 want to get my utilization below 48.9%

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your increase! 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I have requested a CLI almost every other month since I received the card in September. I have requested 2 and approved for both, so far.
Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, Discover gives when Discoves wants not when we want but surely we'll take Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Discover train ran for a while and we all participated until the easy CLI's stopped. I was late in getting my card so had more of a challenge. My standard CLI was $500.00 every 90 days or so. Then a couple of really big ones. Discover is one of my go to cards. I love doing business with them. Good luck to you!

Message 6 of 7
jl4
Established Contributor

Thanks! This is my first cli with them since I signed up in 2015. Granted it was maxed out until about 3 months ago when I paid it off.
EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.