Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprising PenFed Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Surprising PenFed Approval

Hey Fico Fam.

So I've had the PenFed Power Cash Rewards Card since October 2017 with a CL of $4000. They wouldn't raise it the one time I took a hard pull for it. And I've never had any offers on my account.

Well, I never really used the card because I had other 2% cards and I got tired of leaving $500 in their checking account and earning little interest. So, I closed out the checking account. The card was now 1.5%. I wanted to PC over to the Pathfinder because of the incidental airline credits, global entry, etc. But, as reported here, a PC means applying for the new card and moving the credit limit of the old card over. 

Well, I bit the bullet and applied. My thought was, if I am not approved (which I knew I would not be), I would take the HP, close the card, my savings and move on from PenFed.  

I applied over the phone. The guy comes back and says "Congrats-You've been approved for $15,000." I almost fell out of bed I was so stunned. I can't really remember the APR because my mind was like cotton candy. But I think it was 15.64 or something like that. I also got the the SUB offer which he says every member who is approved receives. Also, he sent a message to move the Cash Rewards limit to the PathFinder for a Total CL of $19,000. 

DP:

They pulled EQ: 4 or 5 inquiries. 

Fico EQ 8 - 721 Fico EQ 9 - 755

BK7 - a little over 5 years

AAOA  - 8+ years

Decided to do it now bc the new Delta Plat and NFCU Flagship are not reporting yet. Happy with the outcome. And still very surprised. 

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Surprising PenFed Approval

Congrats on your approval! 👍🏾

Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice, congratulations!

Message 3 of 31
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

A nice SL, grats on the approval Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 31
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

BOOM !!!...You...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

BIG  CONGRATS  on your PenFed Pathfinder approval, the AWESOME SL, and Thanks for the DPs!!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and killer SL!!
Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nicely played, IP. Congratulations!

Message 7 of 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Outstanding PossySmiley Happy. Glad your experience was a positive oneSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 31
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your approval
Message 9 of 31
Dirge
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied over the phone. The guy comes back and says "Congrats-You've been approved for $15,000." I almost fell out of bed I was so stunned. 

Other than the great approval, my favorite part of this story is that you applied while you were in bed. Like, whichever way it went you were free to collapse, in jubilation or ennui, without fear of injury. 

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.