Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprising Venture Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Surprising Venture Approval

I first applied for and recieved a C1 Quicksilver One back in January, with a whole $500 credit limit. Not to surprising though since I had NO open lines since BK discharged 1/13 and FICO estimates were 580ish, I was happy to get that. I was using it for fuel, hotel and restaurant charges mostly, I travel for work 2 or 3 days a week. I made payments once or twice a week to keep under the limit. After 6 months of Credit Steps, I was surprised to get a CLI all the way to $4,500 a couple weeks ago!

Tonight, I decided to get a little more serious about working on my credit score and credit cards. I pulled all 3 scores here on myFico and they were EQ602, TU605, Exp629. Although the "old version" for credit cards showed the highest scores of TU710, EQ698, Exp672/685. I checked Pre-qualifications on a few sites, and Discover and Capital One were the only ones showing anything better than basic cards. So I had been wanting to upgrade to a Venture, and it showed up. I applied for it and got instant approval for $15,000!? I was shocked! How in the world did I get this high of a line with those scores??

I had just started to burn through bigger business expenses on the QS1, but obviously I'll be switching that $10k+ in charges each month over to the Venture now!

I'm definately happy, but anyone have any idea how those scores pulled this!?

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Surprising Venture Approval

Very nice - congratulations!!

Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

But anyone have any idea how those scores pulled this!?

A $15K CL after only having a <$1,000 card ... that is "normal" in the world of Venture.   Smiley Happy

Also, I just received my 3rd Venture 2 days ago.... and it was a METAL card so hopefully you'll also get your first metal credit card too.

Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow, congrats

Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and welcome ot MyFico.

Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice win! Take good care of it! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 31
Bpearl2010
Regular Contributor

That's awesome! Congrats, I'm waiting to apply for the venture card.

Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!!

Message 8 of 31
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on your Venture approval!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 9 of 31
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Great news....Congrats !!!!!

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.