Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprising approval Chase Freedom

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Surprising approval Chase Freedom

I Just applied for the Chase Freedom card on the 18th, my credit scores have been very low for me personally in a long time. My scores as of today the 23rd are EQ: 654, TU: 698, EX: 698. I was expecting a flat out denial but to my surprise I was instantly approved with a credit line of 13.5K this is my first card above the 10k threshold and I am very excited about it! 🤗🤗

Update: as of today I was thinking about this video I saw on YouTube for getting points for flying with points so I realized that a key card to have in everyone's videos was the CSP so I thought I would give it a shot as well. I was already surprised by the CF card so I thought why not. And once again to my surprise I was instantly approved for the CSP card with a starting limit of 21.6k this is just crazy in my head because chase just issued me my first card over 10k on the 18th and now on the 23rd they issued me my first card over 20k. I am beyond surprised and excited to start racking up some points and maybe be able to travel somewhere on points by next summer!
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Surprising approval Chase Freedom

Congrats on your approval! 

Message 2 of 16
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your new Freedom - great starting limit too!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals for the Freedom and CSP cards.

Before these two cards, how many other credit cards had you opened in the last 24 months?

@Anonymous wrote:
I Just applied for the Chase Freedom card on the 18th, my credit scores have been very low for me personally in a long time. My scores as of today the 23rd are EQ: 654, TU: 698, EX: 698. I was expecting a flat out denial but to my surprise I was instantly approved with a credit line of 13.5K this is my first card above the 10k threshold and I am very excited about it! 🤗🤗

Update: as of today I was thinking about this video I saw on YouTube for getting points for flying with points so I realized that a key card to have in everyone's videos was the CSP so I thought I would give it a shot as well. I was already surprised by the CF card so I thought why not. And once again to my surprise I was instantly approved for the CSP card with a starting limit of 21.6k this is just crazy in my head because chase just issued me my first card over 10k on the 18th and now on the 23rd they issued me my first card over 20k. I am beyond surprised and excited to start racking up some points and maybe be able to travel somewhere on points by next summer!

Message 4 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Incredible approvalsSmiley Happy. Chase likes youSmiley Wink .
Though it may never happen, use caution opening anymore cards right after these approvals, as we have seen a few examples of Chase shutting down newly approved accounts. Congrats againSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on both  Approval .. monsters SL on both cards 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Those were my first 2 Chase cards as well, and in about 19-20 months when I’m back under 5/24 I’ll go back for the FU!
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had no Credit cards opened in the last 24 months before these. Some new student loan accounts but no credit accounts.
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think I will be applying to any more chase products for a while, I plan to give these cards a run and see if they fit my spending and rewards preferences. Hopefully they are a good match.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am thinking about getting the freedom U. Already have the CSP. Any tips?
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.