Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweet!! BOA approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet!! BOA approval

Hello All! After being in Credit hell for many years, I had enough and started turning things around in March. Improved a bunch of things in May, and got a few lines of credit then. I thought I had enough, and went to the garden...

But I couldn't help myself. I want in with another major bank, as I'm currently only in with my credit union and Capital One. Seeing all the positive feedback about BOA, and the 99/500 card, I decided to press my luck. The opportunity for a big CL in a year or two was enticing. My EX score when they pulled it was 649, with income at $63k. Couple baddies at 3-4 years, with excellent payment history since then. 10 inquiries. Filled out the app, had my debit card ready to go for the deposit, and.... 

GOT APPROVED FOR A CASH REWARDS WITH $2K LIMIT!

After doing a little dance I put my debit card away and will wait patiently for the envelope to arrive in the mail.

Any advice on how soon to apply for CLI? Also, anyone with advice on setting up a checking account with BOA and getting a sizeable bonus? I've seen some reports of $300 cash back with direct deposit offers for Credit card accounts.

And last but not least, thank you all for the help on this forum, I would have never been able to do it without y'all!!

10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sweet!! BOA approval

Congrats on a great approvalSmiley Happy

The cli button may show up as early as 3 months so when you see it you may be able to get one. It will be hp but they are usually worth itSmiley Wink. Just remember it doesnt mean you always be approved but lets you know your are eligble to request one. Also give it about a year and you can also start requesting apr reductions. Again, enjoy your new Boa, its a great feeling to haveSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

Congrats on being in! Enjoy it!
TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

Message 3 of 11
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats I started at 2K and 9 months later I am at 23.6K Smiley Happy I LOVE BOA here's my link about my Boa Cli it might give you some info Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/9-MONTHS-OLD-BOA-Card-CLI-to-23-600-00-I-luv-t...

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! I started with BOA with a partially secured card March of 2015...500 limit after 99 deposit. Look at my BOA now in my signature....CLI is a HP but it's well worth it...keep up the good work.....Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, congrats on getting the rewards version of this card!  Solid planning, good study and foresight on this one!  I may actually go for this, despite likely having at least one non store 5 digit SL by then, due to a BKOA.  

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!! I started with BOA with a partially secured card March of 2015...500 limit after 99 deposit. Look at my BOA now in my signature....CLI is a HP but it's well worth it...keep up the good work.....Smiley Happy

Man, that is indeed nice...especially for that amount of time!!  Like the LL Cool J song, you're Doin It (well)!!

EDIT: Post 666, with a BOA in it, and doin it well.  Seems like as good a time as any to end my (posting) spree.  

EDIT 2: most people wont see this being the post is old now, but im stopping posting, GARDENING POSTS!  i want to keepmy #.  PM me if you like,  I will just read and give kudos!!!

Message 7 of 11
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Wow from 2k to 23??? Thanks for the links
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Solid card and BofA gives love back. Wish I knew about the CLI button before 😁.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOOHOO! C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.