cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweet! Got my $5k AOD CLI. $5k --> $10k :)

tag
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Sweet! Got my $5k AOD CLI. $5k --> $10k :)

Truth be told, in my going on 30 years of having credit cards, I have never requested a Credit Line Increase (CLI).  The reason being is I never 'needed' one.  I never came close to my limits.  Well, not so with my $5000 AOD FCU Visa Signature (3% CB everything card, no longer offered to new applicants).  We put everything non-cat on this card.  Daily spend and monthly spend.  Utilities, bills, Health/Car/Home insurance, retail, etc., etc.  Always paid in full.  A normal month can easily hit $2500.  So, try to add any big purchase to that and you bust.  Once I charged $2800 for some home theater chairs and I wasn't thinking, and it was denied.  After that, I learned to pay it down early if we had a big purchase planned.  Anyway, I figured I'd just go for it - as scared as I was to poke the sacred 3% hornet's nest!  But it went well and I was granted the CLI.  Smiley Happy    

When I was originally applying, my logic was I wanted to stay as low-key as possible, that's why I chose the lowest available limit for the card ($5k).  Not sure that helped, lol.  I imagined to myself them saying "There is no way we are giving this so-called mountain biker from California any more than a $5000 limit".  LOL!  

Anyway, the CLI was a (EQ) hard pull as people have stated here.  You are basically reapplying for the card.  I called Monday Mar 13 and the lady told me I need to reapply for the card.  I asked how I do that when the Visa Sig is not offered any more.  She told me I would just apply for their Platinum card and put in the notes that it is for a CLI to my Sig, not a new Plat.  She said I can apply over the phone or on-line.  I said whichever is easier for you and she said she was short staffed and closing soon so I should do it on-line.  Ok, no prob.  The problem was I got through the whole on-line app and there was never a location to add notes!  So then I was freaking out that I was going to get a new Plat card.  I sent a secure message from the website as well as an e-mail using the address I have on file to inform them.  I requested a total limit of $10,000.    

Nothing Tues 14.  On Wed 15, the same rep that I worked with 1.5 years ago when originally applying for the card e-mailed me a docusign requesting my last two pay stubs.  I sent three to be safe!  In her e-mail, she acknowledged that the application was for a CLI, not new card.  Phew!  

On Thurs 16, I was sent some docusign forms to sign.  It was all for the Platinum.  Oddly, I was approved for the lowest 8.49% Platinum rate per the paperwork, even though the website states 9.95% is the lowest.  Yes my Signature is still at a fixed 7.490%.  My Equifax was 780.  I really thought it was in the 800s but oh well.    

So, come Fri 17, I received nothing at all from AOD but when I logged in to my account, I see the $10,000 limit!  

So, needless to say, I am over the moon!  Smiley Very Happy  

P.S.  How did I write so much about a simple CLI?  Sorry about that.  Smiley Wink  

capture.jpg

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sweet! Got my $5k AOD CLI. $5k --> $10k :)

Congrats on the AODFCU CLI.

Glad I got $25K outta da gate. wished it was $50KSmiley Tongue

Message 2 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

Truth be told, in my going on 30 years of having credit cards, I have never requested a Credit Line Increase (CLI).  The reason being is I never 'needed' one.  I never came close to my limits.  Well, not so with my $5000 AOD FCU Visa Signature (3% CB everything card, no longer offered to new applicants).  We put everything non-cat on this card.  Daily spend and monthly spend.  Utilities, bills, Health/Car/Home insurance, retail, etc., etc.  Always paid in full.  A normal month can easily hit $2500.  So, try to add any big purchase to that and you bust.  Once I charged $2800 for some home theater chairs and I wasn't thinking, and it was denied.  After that, I learned to pay it down early if we had a big purchase planned.  Anyway, I figured I'd just go for it - as scared as I was to poke the sacred 3% hornet's nest!  But it went well and I was granted the CLI.  Smiley Happy    

When I was originally applying, my logic was I wanted to stay as low-key as possible, that's why I chose the lowest available limit for the card ($5k).  Not sure that helped, lol.  I imagined to myself them saying "There is no way we are giving this so-called mountain biker from California any more than a $5000 limit".  LOL!  

Anyway, the CLI was a (EQ) hard pull as people have stated here.  You are basically reapplying for the card.  I called Monday Mar 13 and the lady told me I need to reapply for the card.  I asked how I do that when the Visa Sig is not offered any more.  She told me I would just apply for their Platinum card and put in the notes that it is for a CLI to my Sig, not a new Plat.  She said I can apply over the phone or on-line.  I said whichever is easier for you and she said she was short staffed and closing soon so I should do it on-line.  Ok, no prob.  The problem was I got through the whole on-line app and there was never a location to add notes!  So then I was freaking out that I was going to get a new Plat card.  I sent a secure message from the website as well as an e-mail using the address I have on file to inform them.  I requested a total limit of $10,000.    

Nothing Tues 14.  On Wed 15, the same rep that I worked with 1.5 years ago when originally applying for the card e-mailed me a docusign requesting my last two pay stubs.  I sent three to be safe!  In her e-mail, she acknowledged that the application was for a CLI, not new card.  Phew!  

On Thurs 16, I was sent some docusign forms to sign.  It was all for the Platinum.  Oddly, I was approved for the lowest 8.49% Platinum rate per the paperwork, even though the website states 9.95% is the lowest.  Yes my Signature is still at a fixed 7.490%.  My Equifax was 780.  I really thought it was in the 800s but oh well.    

So, come Fri 17, I received nothing at all from AOD but when I logged in to my account, I see the $10,000 limit!  

P.S.  How did I write so much about a simple CLI?  Sorry about that.  Smiley Wink  

capture.jpg

Congrats on the AOD increase!

Message 3 of 17
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 🎊🎈🍾 @ptatohed 

Message 4 of 17
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 17
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Very nice bump, congratulations on your CLI!!

Message 6 of 17
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your 5K bump enjoy it have fun.

Message 7 of 17
jibc1978
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the CLI! 

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Store Cards:

Credit Health:

Message 8 of 17
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

congrats on the cli

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $38,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000 /

SOCKDRAWERED FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ WELLS FARGO ACTIVE CASH $8200/ CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700
Message 9 of 17
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

Truth be told, in my going on 30 years of having credit cards, I have never requested a Credit Line Increase (CLI). .... but when I logged in to my account, I see the $10,000 limit!  

You did a thing.

It's your first time.

It's like telling the kids about the day you met their mother.

Bask in the glory.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.